Captain America: The Winter Soldier ★★★★★

This is hands down my favorite entry to date in the shared Marvel Cinematic Universe, or MCU. I loved Avengers from the moment the first scene occurred, but the inner-child in me was muffled by how legitimately fascinating, well crafted, and thoroughly entertaining the followup to Captain America: The First Avenger is.

Trading in Cap's glory days as a tried and true, black and white American hero, Winter Soldier upgrades America's hero to the 21st century, and throws plenty of meat on the plate to keep just about anyone entertained.

With the subtle humor and comic references that have been a staple since Iron Man graced screens in 2008, Captain America: The Winter Soldier is not just a solid entry in Phase Two of Marvel's grand plan, it truly marks a turning point in the MCU as the stakes shift dramatically, and everything we've known so far is reduced to ash.

I cannot recommend this film more, an excellent sci-fi/action/thriller in its own right, its level is only escalated for fans of Marvel and superheros in general.