Groundhog Day

Groundhog Day β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

🎢Then put your little hand in mine. There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb. Babe, I got you babe, I got you, babe. 🎢

"Okay, Campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties because it's cold out there today!"
"It's cold out there every day. What is this Miami Beach?"
"Not hardly. And you can expect hazardous travel later today with that, you know, blizzard thing-"
"That blizzard thing? Oh, here's the report: National Weather Service is calling for a big blizzard thing. "
"Yes they are. but there's another reason today is very special-"
"Especially cold"
"Especially cold, okay, but the big question on everybody's lips-"
"-on their chapped lips, right - Do you think Phil's going to come out and see his shadow?"
"Punxsutawney Phil."
"That's right, rodent lovers! IT'S - Groundhog Day!!!"

A perfect screenplay and a perfect film in my eyes. The film is about a man who lives everyday in his own shadow and as a consequence, he has to repeat the same day every day until he learns to appreciate the life he has been given and become selfless. It is a romantic comedy and unlike most films in this genre, it is extremely clever and original and doesn't follow the generic rom com formula.

There are so many amazing scenes in the film, but my personal favourite scene is the "I'm a God" scene. Which acts as the turning point for the main character to change his selfish viewpoint on life and start helping other people. The scene is so well done and is the moment, I fell in love with this film.

'Groundhog Day' is both hilarious and extremely heartfelt with a great message about life. If I had to choose a film to rewatch everyday for the rest of my life it would be this one.

Edward liked these reviews