Little Women

Little Women ★★★½

- "Women, they have minds, and they have souls, as well as just hearts. And they’ve got ambition, and they’ve got talent, as well as just beauty. I’m so sick of people saying that love is just all a woman is fit for. I’m so sick of it!".

I'll try to be brief because I'll add two reviews today. I think little women just isn't for me. I felt the same way when I watched the 1994 version couple months ago. That being said, this is a good movie. Direction was super, the writing and the little twist/update Greta did to it its amazing. She gave it a more feminist twist and more current/friendly for today's audience. I can always separate when I don't feel something much but admit its a good movie like with this one. Superbly acted with a great cast that seems like it was made for film twitter to go nuts for it LOL.

- Saoirse is amazing as always. You can never go wrong with her as the lead.
-Loved the editing/back and forth between past and present. Made some scenes feel more powerful. Some people seem to dislike this decision.
- Florence fucking PUGH. Holy shit. She is a fucking star. As great as everyone is, she stole the move. I hope she gets the Oscar nom. She did that in that scene clocking Timothee.
- Meryl Streep looked like a corpse in this? tf?
- Eliza Scalen did amazing with the little she got. Emma Watson had nothing to do but look pretty.. sorry(doesn't mean she was bad tho).
- I'm on the minority but I didn't buy Timmy as Laurie.. not after Bale. I like the new spin on Frederich. Louis>>>Timmy as Laurie.

Go see it!!! Like I said me not caring much for it doesn't mean it was bad at all, AT ALL. Its a really good movie. A family movie as well. And not just for women. Please stop that BS. Movies are not just for one gender. Its important to see all stories. There's something on every movie for everyone.

Wouldst thou like liked these reviews