Paris, Texas ★★★★½

When you accept the task of forming a family and start a new life, the bonds created are permanent and of an indestructible transcendence. The toughest enemy of love is critique. Pride, jealousy, intolerance and egocentrism can also be determinant factors, but everything resides in oneself, and hence our responsibility to give up our way of being and adjust it to the people that we love the most. That is done through decisions, decisions that we face every day of our lives for the sole purpose of love.

The most admirable aspect of the film is its structure which is divided into chapters.

I. The first chapter opens with the aftermath of personal oblivion, of escaping from the life we once signed an implicit emotional contract to take care of, just to find internal emptiness and maybe the loss of personal identity, which is Travis' case. The journey back to the world left behind begins, yet with a silence difficult to break.
II. The second chapter introduces you to the protagonist's process of readjustment to the people that participated in his past and memoirs.
III. The third chapter begins a necessary alternative journey of search for the missing key in the already shattered family.
IV. The fourth chapter contains the relevant message of Universal value, from Paris to Texas, that defines our very human condition, as beings in the need of love and acceptance. Sorrows and pains cannot be contained in oneself permanently; sooner or later they have to find a way to be externalized and escape from our hearts and minds.

The unique thing about the film was: Travis' character acted differently in each chapter, showing a clear trend of emotional evolution.

It is important to note that Travis had the luck of belonging to a family that didn't put any significant blame in him given that he was absent for around 4 years. Perhaps this may seem unbelievable given our contemporary set of values. Suspend your disbelief, because it has a high reward in the final 20 minutes, as the characters make amendments and nude their hearts to speak what was necessary to confess and fix for coming to better terms. A near-masterpiece of cinema that shows the importance of prioritizing family and listening, something what women are experts at. Just like Welles did in the past, acting is also reacting, because in the reactions half of the emotional impact is found.

93/100