Thunder Road ★★★★★

Cut out all the ropes and let me fall
My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my...🎶🎶🎶

The trailer had me SHOOK, to the point I did not think I could handle watching it. I had made up my mind Wednesday that I ABSOLUTELY WOULD NOT...and then I found myself tonight renting it.🙄 WHY??? Well I am an emotionally charged person who needs to know others stories and how they handle things like grief, pain, stress, family drama, etc.... This film starts out at a funeral, how much more emotion can I start out with?!?
I have never seen or heard anything from this genius of a man Jim Cummings before. I cannot even begin to explain why this film touched me so much. It’s almost indescribable because there are so many levels and components. This man put his heart and soul into this film, that much is easy to clarify. He wanted to show that even when you are at the absolute bottom of life, there is HOPE and those people who will always have your back. That despite your own flaws, even if you have many, it can not define what makes you a good person.
We all will  have our breaking points and we all will have a time where despair hits us like a ton of bricks. It’s okay to lose it and not be “perfect”. It’s also okay for a man to CRY and HUG his best friend who may also be a guy. SIDE NOTE: I have a big issue with this because I feel that even today boys do not feel comfortable with their own sentiments to actually show emotion. It’s absolutely heartbreaking to me. Boys do cry and society needs to realize it doesn’t mean they are less of “a man”
This film will not connect will everyone, that is a given, and the rate it is going will not be able to reach as many as I would hope. The “tone” and “comedy” will confuse many and what I got of it, others might call bulshit. I like that it was a bit overacted and awkward, it felt like real life nowadays.
 I also adored the ending, a child’s face like that is priceless. 💙 PS. I know my review is a little all over the place and well I am ok with that. 😉
And I told you to be patient
And I told you to be fine
And I told you to be balanced
And I told you to be kind
And now all your love is wasted
And then who the hell was I?
And I'm breaking at the britches
And at the end of all your lines
Who will love you?
Who will fight?
Who will fall far behind?🎶🎶🎶

Eleana liked these reviews