Womb ★★★★

Wow, this film was great. I'm not a huge fan of Eva Green and I don't really care for Dr Who (Matt Smith), so I suppose that's why I put off watching this for so long. I wish now that I hadn't. Depsite not liking Green, I almost immediately fell in love with her in this movie. Natalia Tena's role was far too small for my liking.
The film itself is about two young sweethearts who are separated, then find each other again as adults, only to be ripped apart by the accidental death of the man. The woman then carries, gives birth, then raises the clone of her love. It's a very strange plot and I'm sure Freud would have a field day with the writer/director Benedek Fliegauf. It dips into uncomfortable territory at times, but given the story and the flow of the movie, it seems almost natural when it does.
Most of the story takes place in a cabin on the foggy ocean front. It seems fitting that the setting is static as Green's character can't seem to get over her childhood love.
I definitely need a little bit to digest this film, then watch it again in a month or two. I am extremely looking forward to a second viewing and think that it will only get better.