Girl, Interrupted

Girl, Interrupted ★★★

You´ve read from me that i have a friend who suffers schizophrenia so she is hospitalized yet i can´t visit her because i´m not a relative. I cannot describe the amount of sadness i went through this whole film...and i was also truly bored. My respects to James Mangold but damn is this movie dry and melodramatic at time.
I was trying to discover why i was unintersted in a movie about borderline personality disorder so i decided to read Roger Ebert´s review. He said that the characters and the story don´t have that much of a destination and that might be true.
I can say for sure i enjoy the hell out of Angelina Jolie...as an actress. She is always been an actress i never liked very much as she has always been nothing but eye candy,yet i can say she commits in this role a 100%: she plays an unsensitive,reckless and batshit crazy character that i couldn´t take my eyes away from her. That´s why i feel the movie lacked: powerful characters and a powerful protagonist. Winona Ryder has always been a terrific actress and i would hate to bring Stranger Things as an example because it takes place 20 years after this movie,but fuck it: Winona screamed her lungs in strangers to the point i was convinced there was something wrong with her mind. Here,she is too passive. Sure there was a great scene when she is in a bathtub and Whoopie Goldberg (terrific by the way) complains that there is nothing wrong and she is just spoiled,but there is not a sense of urgency that demostrates she needs recovery. Ok,but "One flew over the cuckoo´s nest" (directed by Mangold´s Teacher: Milos Forman) was also about a person who was totally fine and surrounded by wackos....That movie had real conflicts: A cunt of a nurse and a escape plan. Here,i feel as if the movie is just making time to see the main girl free.
And yes i want to talk about the ending...
THE ENDING IS WEAK AS FUCK
I was like "That´s it? Was it worth 2 hours of my life? I felt as if nothing happened. Don´t bring narration to give this movie more importance than what it pretends to have."
...
I know it´s weird to bitch about the ending and then praise the second act. I gotta say...The movie turns an interesting turn when Winona and Angelina escaped and go to Brittany Murphy´s home. ALSO,
MAN I CAN´T BELIEVE BRITTANY MURPHY IS DEAD. SHE HAD SO MUCH TALENT. TELL ME SHE WOULDN´T HAVE AN AWESOME HBO SHOW.

EliVronsky liked these reviews