Zodiac

Zodiac ★★★★★

Let me just start by saying that I really loved this movie. I wasn't really sure what to expect, and I didn't read anything about it beforehand. I knew Jake Gyllenhaal was in it, and that it was about the Zodiac killer, but that's it. But I loved it. I love crime, mystery, and thriller movies, and obviously this is an amazing combination of all three. David Fincher is one of my favorite directors, and Zodiac is no exception. I'm mostly just kind of pissed off at myself that it took me so long to watch this. I love Gyllenhaal and Ruffalo, I love Fincher, and I love movies like this, so I really don't know why I hadn't watched it. Anyways, the movie was great. It really shows the personal downfalls of the characters and how the Zodiac ruined not only the lives of those he killed, but everyone he affected. I'm usually not very into movies that run over 2 1/2 hours, but even at 2:45 this movie was not slow at all. I loved it all, and even though you know they never actually "catch" the killer, something inside you still wants Graysmith to just finally catch him. That ending scene with Graysmith and Lee in the convenience store is phenomenal and almost chilling. I actually love how it ended. Overall, amazing movie. I love it. One of my new favorites.

mememily liked these reviews