Dune

Dune

ZENDAYA WAS BARELEY IN IT! IT FUCKING SUCKS!

Dune I bet in many years from now will be one those movies that you will be forced to dissect as a film student, because just on a technical standpoint it's already spicy. Like it's objectively a cinematic achievement in visuals alone. Filmed and framed so flawlessly that every single shot can be dissected, and while I won't be that in depth. I truly just wanna spread the word, and preach to the choir. Telling you the masses are correct, because Dune to me was a fantastic film. From it's grand AW inducing visuals amplified by a incredibly original score. Giving ever single scene a presence. A true blockbuster in every way a blockbuster can be. With a really enjoyable main character in the form of Paul. Who is just a great way to put us into the shoes of this world. Which seems like we have only seen the tip of the iceberg of what's to come. Paul is are view point seeing the wonders and mysteries of this world that feels like a living, breathing universe. Nothing is overly explained or given away in needless dumbs of exposition. Jumping us in having Paul be the vessel to this breath taking universe with rich world building. Seeing all the different sides of the Freeman tribe, the ones who are distrusting, able to cooperate, or only cooperate if you join them, and etc. I have never been so immersed in essentially fucking fantasy politics. I love the unique visualisation of the equipment, ships, and creatures. Everything in dune feels alive. I would honestly call it a masterpiece if it wasn't for the fact it's only half of a story, and if the second part delivers. That might change in the future. Well done Denis Villaneuve for killing it.