Sisters

Sisters ★★

Review In A Nutshell:

Memories and its sentiments ties us deep into our past, a need for preservation as a reminder, or in some cases, as an option to return in moments of fright and suffocation. Sisters, the new comedy, led by the comedic duo, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, explores such a concept, to recapture a piece of their youth, rejuvenating a piece that has seemingly departed from them, to fulfil the regrets that shaped their days of adolescence. Much of what Sisters has to offer is the comedic flair of its two leading actresses, and though sporadically effective, the film simply lacks that weight in its intentions, a crowd-pleaser that is reluctant to push its relatable contents to a palpable state. Through the connections of Fey and Poehler, we are treated to a cast of supporting or cameo appearances that is exciting upon first meeting, but slowly loses their impact as the script closely lingers in the emotional drive of its characters and the pounding atmosphere that radiates from their devised party, it helps significantly that the third piece of what should be a comedic trio, Maya Rudloph, makes a significant appearance, and upon each scene, she is given a chance to steal it, and each time she succeeds. I simply wished for the film to be more effective in delivering its laughter, and push the substance that is clearly rooted in this simple but inviting story.

feedingbrett liked these reviews