• vehk

great christmas film

• will to will

★★★★★

perhaps the greatest tragedy i've ever seen; and slowly that tragedy is seeping into every frame retroactively, taking away my ability to lose myself in the hedonism that kar-wai portrays so seductively, just like how it would be to live in this frame of mind, truly. endless desire and longing, sealing off the heart. treating everything here like some default path marked by fate, taking us to the future by the way of a train that eclipses the world around…

• brjab

★★★★

I love this movie as it is. But I wonder what a version without the dated CG sequences would feel like.

• Shamica

★★★★★

Why cant it be like before??

You know that feeling when you can't get enough of something so you dont want it to change??

I wasnt in the mood for this one, where in ITMFL, everything felt in sync, 2046 had a jarring feel with nothing feeling right. Everything was in the wrong place, the wrong time. Like the last scene from ITMFL, that served as All throughout the film I kept thinking how this was so different from WKW's…

• The Entity

★★★½

I really wanted to love this, but Wong Kar Wai never really gives it a chance to stand out or develop.

The draft of this story just seemed really contracted.
    It never expanded much and felt repetitive as it went along.
    The same dialogue, monologues, etc.
    I know that was part of the point because the book was being read in different contexts or whatever, but there should have been more of the 2046 book world on screen.

Overally, WKW…

• Grant Meuers

★★★½

Did In The Mood For Love really need a (quasi-)sequel? No, probably not, and this film doesn't quite hold a candle to it. But it's still worthwhile, especially if you ignore the vague tie-ins to In The Mood and Days of Being Wild (the former works so much better as a self-contained film). It retroactively makes you dislike Tony Leung's character, who's turned into a callous womanizer, and the film jumps all over the place between various relationships he has…

• emi

★★★★

esse filme é a própria sensação de choro entalado na garganta..

• Filmanalyst

★★★★½

Just as passionate as In the Mood For Love by the ending. Saw a 35mm print. It was beautiful.

• theholydeath

★★★★

"You know how my other films about sad romances made you really sad??? Well this film has FOUR sad romances so enjoy suffering x"

- Wong Kar Wai, probably

• 'NuffSaid! Nathan gatten

★★★½

I'm only hallway through this but had to stop because I was getting tired. Will finish later.

So far I have two issues with the film.

1. The cutting between the future story and the hotel story is not as often as i'd like.

2. I'd never thought I'd ever say this but, it's not erotic enough. A big topic in the film is the difference between sexual love and romantic love. But it's difficult to connect when the viewer is left out on one, and sometimes both.

• Milez Das

★★★★★

How do you mend your heart after its broken?

As I was feeling every frame and part of this movie, the quote that was going through my mind was this one from the movie Her,

Theodore: Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel. And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new. Just lesser versions of what I've already felt.

Chow has felt everything he can with Su Li-zhen, he is still struggling with…

• David Jenkins