• caroline

not sure how to rate this? definitely not my fave wong kar-wai film but still v good and has me thinking a lot.
    maybe i'll come up with a proper rating after i talk about it in class?

anyway i'm emo

• ella

WE ARE NOT WORTHY OF MR WONG KAR-WAI

• Chester_Riley

★★★★★

This film provides further revelations and greater depth with each viewing. It's simply stunning.

• IsmaelRetzinsky

★★★

I remember the first time I watched this film, many years ago, I had just seen "In the Mood for Love", but I had not seen Wong Kar-Wai's much earlier film "Days of Being Wild". This is pretty much essential for understanding the head space of this film. 2046 refers back to both movies in some very important ways.

I think what also threw my for a loop the first time was the sci-fi segments that are kind of shoved…

• Alex Selby

★★★½

Cinematography on point. Dialogue on point. Story, eh.

• yungdomdeluise

★★★★

Gaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhdddddd

• Owen

★★★★½

Tony Leung is like the something out of old Hollywood, only more beautiful and a better actor. I can watch his face from any angle in any context and feel like I'm experiencing something special.

So frame him with these many levels of composition of music and colour and costume and you have something so lushly beautiful that matters of narrative almost fall away and their roles replaced with yet more overwhelming emotion.

I will watch these films in 2017 #75/100
    letterboxd.com/owene73/list/i-will-watch-these-100-films-in-2017/

• James

★★★★½

Wong Kar-wai is unquestionably one the greatest living filmmakers working today and 2046 is another shining example of his mastery in showcasing the emotional complexities of life, love and longing.

• Luca Ste

Not in the mood of Wong Kar-wai actually: how to repeat the same thing over and over and being able to add too many things at once... loosing control, going on creating wanderful frames between Yoshida and Leiter, colouring them with a fireworks-palette without knowing why you're doing it (and it's just because you've nothing else to say but you want to kepp feeling soooo cool). So in the end we have the cuckolded wife who's not able to leave…

• Saranne

★★★½

As a stand alone film, I liked it. Many elements worked well together, the production design was great, and I loved the music.
    As a sequel to In The Mood For Love? No. It didn't do anything for me as a sequel.

• Sapphire

★★★★½

"Why can't it be like before? Please don't go. Stay with me tonight. Let me borrow you."

Wow I love crying and being sad !

• Kely Lucena

★★★★

It's so different to its predessor In the mood for love, still so beautiful.
    God, I miss getting my heart broken.