• Zach Evans

★★★★

Man, the loss of Mrs. Su really messed Mr. Chow up.

Now I just want a film about her life following the events of In the Mood for Love.

• zach

★★★★

i watched this way earlier today but forgot to log it lol

• will will

the second time around this, the whole "this" here, even the palpably sensuous score, was drenched in melancholy. 2046 is the idea that something lost can be reclaimed, but not everything. not everything.

• Laurin

★★★★

This did drag on quite a bit and my god is the CGI ugly. (not to speak of probably the most blatant product placement of all time..) But there still are some flashes of brilliance, and the soundtrack is simply incredible

• Martin_Chan

★★★½

I had too much expectations from Wong Kar Wai's previous film, In The Mood For Love, so 2046 fell short.

• Wilson Lai

★★★★★

There is a 50 year delay. A 50 year delay between heartbreak and the tears.

We'd love to stay in 2046. Living out our days of being wild.

But we have to move on. 2047 is right around the corner. We cannot stay in the mood for love.

• Aaron

★★★★

I'm gonna need a bit more time and probably another watch to accurate process this and to dictate what I liked about it but holy fuck. Wong Kar-Wai is amazing at translating mood, feeling and emotion through visuals and shot composition.

• Peaceful Anarchy

★★★★½

One of those films where the visuals are so beautiful and captivating that they're reason enough to watch. The story's told in an somewhat convoluted manner, but it's not too hard to follow and it's the film's emotional aspect that's most important anyway. Even when you're not sure where things are going you can always sense what the characters are feeling and a lot is said in simple looks and actions.

• Pete Foley

★★★★

Previously I was too sleepy to get past the first 40 minutes.
    And yeah, the leads' attitude does make this film more tiring than In the Mood for Love or Chungking Express, and I feel that it's about 30 mins too long, but damn if it isn't complex, dense, beautiful, and fascinating.

Such a wonderful way of treating a sequel. So entirely related but completely its own animal.

Seque: Scotty had a good point, compare this to Nocturnal Animals. Dense and fascinating versus basic and obvious. Both visually stunning, but give me 2046 any day of the week.

• Michel Amaral

★★★★½

I don't think I'm ready to say anything about this one.

• aesthethica

★★½

In this not so good sequel to Wong Kar-wai's beautiful comfy romance In the Mood for Love we follow our protagonist Chow, living his life in an apathetic way, avoiding deep connections with people, only using them for his own comfort and as means to hide his loneliness.

While this is still an enjoyable movie, it's also quite an unnecessary mess. It's a constant repetition of the ending of the first movie. In the end of In the Mood for…

• Jeff Stewart

★★★★★

Wong Kar-Wai's sequel to his seminal In The Mood For Love is a visual, sexy, and haunting wonder of cinema. Examining in full the impact, or non-impact, of relationships, romance, and lust in equal footing. Tony Leung plays a sci-fi writer Chow Mo-Wan holed-up in a hotel room numbered 2046 in 1966, Hong Kong. Through a series of different encounters and escapades with various women, he begins to forge his narrative about being on a futuristic train that leaves for…