• illmatic

Huge waste of time, pointless and dumb, not funny at all. A guy and his friend hire a hitman for 100K to kill his dad so he can get his fortune. They kidnap a pizza guy and force him to rob a bank to get the money.

• floopthevinny

★★½

Too. Much aziz Ansari. This. Movie is just a film full of actors who fit perfectly into their role. Danny Mcbride as a comic relief ass hole, aziz Ansari as a screaming brown man, Jesse Eisenberg as a panicky annoying voiced dude, and the other actor as a loyal side kick. I enjoyed the movie tho it was fun too watch and enjoy shit hit the fan. Not expecting to have an epiphone that solves world hunger after this. But was enjoyable enough to have me chuckle sometimes and kept me watching

• Tsunamijhoe

★★★

Just turn your brain off and enjoy the ride. If you like Eastbound & Down, this will be right up your alley. I think the weak link is Eisenberg. His neurotic fidgeting acting style gets really tiresome to watch

• RoyOConnor4488

Um... I laughed a few times. I have no idea what the hell Michael Pena was doing. The characters are kind of unlikeable and dumb (which was the point) with no satisfactory conclusion, and it just ends. I would've liked it if it ended with Eisenberg having to race to Danny McBride in 30 minutes or less as the bomb counts down. But they didn't. It's largely uninspired and there's not much to say about it.

• Pappy Malcolm

Just remembered i watched this

• Sdiary

★★½

Much like last weekends viewing this film is very much a repeat of the prosaic entertainment Hollywood seems to be specialising in right now, in 2011 I would have said it was a misfire in 2018 it seems almost designed this way. Unfortunately the plot and script are just too weak to give the performers much to work with, dialogue scenes should be fizzing verbal tennis for the comedy to build and pop with a gag but the sizzle never…

• Phoebe

there’s just no way I can rate a jesse eisenberg movie under 3 stars

• Stuart Hume

"Funny in places.

Director Ruben Fleischer continues with the seemingly current notion that characters in modern comedies somehow can only be funny if they are self-absorbed & irritating. Danny McBride in particular seems incapable of playing any other type of role. He just about gets away with it this time because we're not supposed to like him. At least I presume we're not.

Jesse Eisenberg is pretty watchable as unlucky loser but that's about it."

• AuthenticAustin

★★★

An okay film. Jesse is my lil boi tho

• Erik Marvolo Ingstad

★★★

I definitely prefer Michael Peña as a good guy.

• Jeff

★½

How can so many funny actors be in such an unfunny movie? I'm sure all the good jokes were improved because the script was awful. Plot on autopilot. Characters doing whatever.

• Not Armond White

LOSERS AND WINNERS.
    Greed has turned Americans into antagonists in 30 Minutes or Less.

It’s perfect coincidence that the comedy 30 Minutes or Less opens the same week as Spike Jonze’s music video for the controversial Jay-Z and Kanye West song “Otis” is released. Together they usefully gauge how Americans judge behavior, success and the mixed-up values of post-9/11 masculinity.

When pizza delivery boy Nick (Jesse Eisenberg) is kidnapped, strapped into a suicide-bomb jacket and forced to rob a bank…