• Ty Pierce

★★★★½

Fucking devastating.....

• Gabe Nun

★★★★

Intense and soul crushing.

• bravocd🎩

★★★★

A truly harrowing, tearjearking documentary that tackles an event too little remembered today. Almost 60 years ago, in Birmingham, Alabama, some white supremacists bombed a church Sunday school, killing four little black girls inside.

Lee does an admirable yet mournful task of interviewing the sisters, mothers, uncles, fathers, and classmates of those little girls. Even though the bombing occurred decades prior, you can still feel the pain and loss in the faces of the people on-screen.

Lee interweaves their stories…

• emmatheslayer22

★★½

This is so sad happy i watched it. Though

• MarcoRocha

★★★★

During the civil rights movement in the 60's, four young African-Americans were killed, in the most vicious bombing at that time.

By the hand of Spike Lee, in his first documentary, we go deep in the heart of the question, and we hear the voices of who really matters: the victims, their families and the legacy they left behind.

Spike Lee didn't want to explore the event itself, he manages to reduce the terrorist to a human puppet of some…

• Leesah Sea

★★★★

4 LITTLE GIRLS is a documentary directed by Spike Lee about the horrific 1963 bombing of black church in Birmingham, Alabama that killed four girls. Lee documents the events according to those most impacted by the victims’ deaths, as well as experts providing an overall sense of the racial unrest in Birmingham around the time of the bombing. While I was already familiar with this event, it was heartbreaking to hear the intimate stories the victims’ family and friends provided.

• CODuff

Straightforward and simple with rough and complex subjects. Not sure what I feel about this one.

• PODuff

Spike Lee's straightforward documentary of the 16th Street Baptist Church bombing, told by those who were there. A sobering reminder that this is present history and still happening.

• Tyler Denering

★★★★½

Really liked how this was shot (Ellen Kuras!) and directed, a true, tragic event that I did not really know about as well as some deep insight into Birmingham, Alabama’s extremely problematic history as a whole

• Trey Breen

★★★½

Another one of those painful documentaries that reminds you of the failures of the united states education system.

• Logan Herren

★★★★

Remember that time Wallace ran against Nixon in ‘72? He’s such a loser.

• KachiggaWizza

★★★★★

I’m so heartbroken. It’s sickening to the man that killed them walk around with a smile on his face. They were taken away too early.