• khyberoptic

2x

• Azaanh

★★★★

Toooomorrrow is another day!

• Simon

★★★★★

"I love it and five stars and heart."

"What did you love about it?"

"Five things. Um, I really like all the mans. And the--and--the box for it. Oh, silly. I just didn't said that."

"What else did you like?"

"That one is funny, right?" [points to poster] "Bay boops!" [giggles] "Bay boops. Bay boops. So funny."

"What are the other things?"

"I don't know!"

"What was funny?"

"That and the joke I made."

"What in the movie was funny?"…

• 4treyu

★★★½

Es solo he visto un par de películas de los hermanos Marx y con esa se añade una más. Ya había olvidado la gran parte de música que llena sus películas o a lo mejor son las partes menos memorativas. Tienen más encanto los pasajes en las que salen por lo menos dos de los aquí tres hermanos presentes. El humor es de otro siglo, pero mantiene su encanto, y recuerda de donde muchas comedias hasta hoy toman su inspiración,…

• Gabe Leibowitz

★★★

Thankfully holds up; I was afraid it would fall victim to the Marx curse that's been dogging me of late. Luckily, there's a quasi-frantic pace here that keeps things spicy and plenty of fun (though it does fade a bit as things progress). Two viewings is more than enough for awhile, but I can at least wholeheartedly recommend this one.

pro (-)

• Lennart

35°

• Beef

★★★½

As I watch a lot of the Marx Bros.' output it becomes pretty clear that they really only made two types of movies: the madcap, anarchistic kind and the more plot heavy kind. Once they stopped making films for Paramount their output became more structured and lost a bit of the earlier edge they had. A Day At The Races is no exception to this but even though it lacks a lot of the stuff I love about their earlier movies it's still a fun and entertaining film.

• Matt Raymond

★★★★

Maybe the last good Marx Bros. movie. But once that long dance sequence that included racist caricatures and blackface happened it instantly got worse. The movie would have been just fine without any of that happening.

• Simon Shortland

★★★★

Scravael9’s Rankings Of The Marx Brothers Films [#7].

"Don't point that beard at me! It might go off...." Dr. Hackenbush (Groucho Marx)

Considered by many as their "last" great film, this as the Marx Brothers seventh major feature film (and second with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer/MGM) definitely has some brilliant gags and skits by the boys, yet is let-down by the dragging running time (clocking in at nearly two hours, this was their longest film), which results in too many musical numbers that…

• pribsflicks

★★★

Mania goes leisurely. It's awkwardly paced and far too long, with time unfortunately devoted to some of the less interesting aspects of the film, but once you accept that this isn't a movie but rather a vaudeville variety show filmed with a camera, it becomes more accessible. For all the cumbersomeness of the musical interludes, they're actually fairly lovely and beautifully choreographed. But still, the best parts are when Groucho (my favorite by a long shot) gets to wink and…

• Those Eyebrows

★★★½

If you have to pad your comedy with superfluous song-and-dance sequences, it helps to make most of them really, really good.

• mimi

★★★★★

Getta your tootsie-frootsie ice cream!