• LaPantera

★★★

It's 2019. 31 years after the conclusion of WWII during which in this timeline, it was Tokyo that was hit by the atomic bomb. The new Tokyo that was rebuilt from the fallout of WWII is one of hell that houses people who are even worse than the city itself. Our heroes are of a biker gang that decide to partake in the ongoing destruction to the city. We also have a set of rebels who want to overthrow the…

• Nick Kreighbaum

½

Huh?

• tyra

★★★★★

after first watch: it’s amazing, but i don’t get why everyone loves it so biblically

after second watch: OH SO THAT’S WHAT THAT MEANS.... AND THAT’S WHAT THAT MEANS..... AND THAT’S WHAT TH

• Rogue Limpfoot

★★★★½

Man, this was such a wild ride from start to finish.

• Jotteni

★★★★★

One guy at the Cinerama yelled "Yeah!" after a well landed punch. Huge laugh. Greatest movie-going experience ever

• ☼

★★★★½

Deeply personal, incoherently political, forcefully mythic. Otomo's world of ravenous anxieties flattened onto an animated surface of light and shadow: this is a film in which private psychosis, sociopolitical protest, and nuclear power carry roughly the same emotional weight.

• Carl Hudson

★★★★½

Impressive and emotional, with a great mood and a deeply personal story playing out with government testings, action set-pieces, glorious horror sequences and thrilling psychic powers (the best I've ever seen). Worthy of its fantastic reputation; this is truly one of the best sci-fi films I've ever seen.

• ngọc 🍂

★★★★

i kind of lost interest half way through the movie but that ending is really something

• cggentolia

★½

I don't really know what I was supposed to take from this film. There were moments I thought were funny, but nothing really stands out to me about this film.

I didn't care about the characters nor the story. As Neo Tokyo was blowing up I was wondering how long before the movie would end. I did not feel there was any resolution to anything.

I felt like I wasted my time and that feeling really sucks.

• Addam

★★★½

First anime film I’ve watched and loved it. Crazy third act.

• Dan R. Howard

★★★★★

The Blade Runner of anime movies!! It's mind blowing science fiction with bewildering visuals. I have to rewatch it with subtitles though because I didn't really really like the English dub, I thought a lot of the voice acting was kind of awkward.

• Benas Bačanskas

★★★½

Favorite film of Kanye West. As for myself, I kinda liked it, but it's not my cup of tea. 3.5/5 - recommended.