• lv426

★★★

i love this movie but for years i've always turned it off about ten minutes before the end and been fine with that but tonight i wasn't allowed and i've just relived...such a childhood trauma....my spirit is shaken

• sinbad

★★½

acceptable, entertaining, illogical sci-fi-movie, but where`s the suspense, the cold basic mood? ... lacks of almost every element that makes an alien-movie an ALIEN-movie.

• Leighton Trent

Oh Joss, what the hell did you write?

• G 🦑

★★½

If I was still running a trashy horror gif blog I would gif the absolute shit out of the scene where the Ripley-thing stabs herself and then is all tall and chokes Winona Ryder and rubs her face on her fuck man that was put there to pander to all my gross kinks specifically. Full extra star for that, otherwise this movie is pretty bad lmao bye.

• Staffan

★★★½

I really don't get the hate for this one. I really liked it. It looks beautiful all the way through and the under water sequence is really great. And I think the plot is more than acceptable for an Alien sequel.

I watched the theatrical cut since this is Jeunet's preferred version.

• Ethan Hearn

"Hey, Ripley, I heard you, like, ran into These things before."
    "That's right."
    "Wow, man. So, like, what did you do?"
    "I died."

With each film in the franchise, Alien protagonist Ellen Ripley takes on a very different, distinct, and important role. As these roles change, they stay simple and definitive, showing how our hero evolves.

In Alien, Ripley became a survivor.

In Aliens, Ripley became a soldier.

In Alien 3, Ripley became a savior.

And in Alien Resurrection, Ripley…

• kaztunk

★★★★

Noted Frenchman Jean-Pierre Jeunet takes the wheel, which means you get plenty of wide-angle shots of weird looking people. Fortunately, the weird people in question happen to be some of the all-time great character actors.

So, people tend to hate this one too? Confusing, but to each their own. Having just breezed through the previous three, I will say that this is the installment where the xenomorphs stop being genuinely scary. But I think that absolutely fits the tone of…

• Michael Cawley

★½

A ridiculous, unnecessary sequel which suffers from poor directing, poor writing, overacting, a complete lack of thrills, and a total misunderstanding of genetics. This movie actually makes "Alien 3" look not that bad in comparison.

• nowseed

• Nicola Altieri

★★½

Rivisto dopo quello scempio di Alien: Covenant fa quasi un figurone. Quasi. Resta infatti un action fantascientifico tutto sommato godibile solo perché tamarro e grottesco seppur con tutta la personalità registica del suo bravo autore. Ha l'enorme difetto di essere un Alien e a causa di ciò ereditare come incipit una delle supercazzole di sceneggiatura più assurde di tutti i tempi. Anche non avesse avuto però tutta la pagliacciata della clonazione o non fosse stato un Alien gli toccava comunque…

• Andy Lopez

★★★½

Man, Sigourney really turns it ON in this one and it. is. great.
    I have to admit that after Alien 3 I had grown a bit exhausted of the same plot line, I also just didn't care about anyone in 3, but Resurrection brings it back! We get to see Ripley maneauver a whole new set of internal obstacles and new elements are explored that haven't before been touched. I especially enjoyed the underwater scene, some really cool stuff in…

• Chris dos Santos

What a mess, while three had problems it wasn't an insult. This is awful and just doesn't understand the Alien franchise. There was one cool thing the shot of the aliens swinging underwater, the rest awful.

Die. E