• Isaac

★★★★½

My first rewatch since reading the trilogy that this is very loosely based on. I love a lot of the changes that Alex Garland made but I wish there were more elements from the book present, most notably “The Tower” and “The Crawler” the visuals paired with this ideas would have been horrifying.
    I genuinely have a lot of issues with the first half of this film and I don’t know how coherent the symbolism in this is (the snake…

• agenta

★★★

Odd, suspenseful. Neat premise, just maybe not executed well.

• James_borley

★★½

Probs give it a miss

• estaude17

★★★★

A thought-provoking and beautifully shot film that morphs into a parable for grief and loss on multiple viewings.

• slorenowich

★★★

this was so visually stunning and i LOVE these women w my whole heart but i don’t think i’ll ever watch this again??? i’m so upset bc ppl hyped this up and i want to like it more than i did but i’m v ehh about it :((((( i cant say anything bad about the way it was made i just was not interested in the story?? not invested?? idk

• mason

pairs well with: Widows (2018)

• Sheldon Corcoran

★★★

Left me with more questions than it answered - but in a good way.

• tara

★★★★

this movie is so PRETTY oh my goodness! also I love when sci-fi movies leave me with an ending I like!! go women!!

• Manny Liotta🍒

★★★★★

The last 20 minutes will make a blind man see and a deaf man hear. Each minutes exudes so much hypnotic and frightening imagery. Its gonna stick itself in my brain for awhile. The use of pure and rich visual storytelling here is an anomaly in itself. We are so god damn blessed to have a movie this throughly complex and coherent at the same time. The score... the little hidden messages and blink and you’ll miss it details. The…

• stephen bell

★½

the shimmer manifesting in the world as a series of roadside memorials is a really nice touch. And the lighthouse sequence is undeniably great. As for the rest, Garland has definitely seen Stalker.

• isabella rosete

★★★★★

that ending sequence was the most hauntingly beautiful and cinematic few minutes i have watched in a long time. that overcame every qualm i had about this movie up until that point.

• melanie

★★★½

after watching videos about the explanation of the ending i'm! more! shook!