• KaVez

★½

strange, I though it was an old film... it's actually not.
    NO, it was poor to the least.

• friednoodle

★★★★★

Fantastic. Kept me on the edge of my seat from the get-go. Seriously what a true sci-fi "alien" (what else can we call it?) film should feel and look like. Ex Machina was incredible as well, it's mind blowing that he's directed only two films and they both have made it in the tops of my lists. Definitely keeping an eye out for this director in the future. 👀

• Brambedillo

★★★★

Female heroin looking for her late husband who has been swallowed up by a gigantic time twisting cloud only to meet an alien distorting the conception of the self.

• Mario Figueroa

★★★★

I went into this film not knowing a whole lot. I just knew it was sci-fi. Little did I know I’d be watching such a thought provoking story unfold. This film is drenched with metaphorical goodness and it’s ending has some of the most striking visuals I’ve ever seen. I wouldn’t say it’s a perfect film, but it is interesting as hell. If you enjoy slower paced stories with a lot of deep underlying themes, I’d say definitely check it out.

• catt

"wow" - owen wilson

• Fred Pahlke

★★★★★

The best film of this kind in the past year that I viewed. It kept me ingaged from the opening to the last frames. The acting was excellent but the story, direction, look, feel, were outstanding. Totally engrossing and highly recommended. Have the blue ray.

• Joey

random thought: they should use this movie's credits to sell 4K TVs

• Sarah

★★★★

Okay... YES i need to get over this one. But guys... It's a bunch of badass women being cientists!!!!!!!! It's Natalie Portman explaining genetics!!!!!!!!!! And for bônus Oscar Isaac is in it so it's gonna take a while.

• Jack Kaiser

★★½

If Andrei Tarkovsky Could Roll Over in His Grave . . .

Biologist Lena (Natalie Portman) mourns the disappearance of her husband Kane (Oscar Isaac). Suddenly, Kane reappears inside her house. Surprised, she demands answers. Confused, he rambles vague answers until blood pours into a glass of water that he's drinking. On the way to the hospital, government agents capture and detain them at a compound called the Southern Reach. At the compound, Doctor Ventress (Jennifer Jason Leigh) explains to…

• Emma Hanson

★★★★★

The trippiest, and best film I've seen all year, Annihilation opens up more questions then answers, and leaves you pondering about everything you just witnessed

• meg

imagine if this bear and the revenant bear fucked

• Mikeheathen

★★½

I'm really torn on this one. I wanted to like it. 2/3 of the way in, I was fully torqued. The visuals were fantastic, and the music was a perfectly balanced back and forth between serene and jarring. The third act just seemed to go nowhere, and the "pivotal" scene went on waaay too long. It was like an artsy combo of Predator and 2001 that didn't fully deliver.