• Mason Matthews

★★★★½

You actually feel intimidation from the Batman in this movie and Jack Nicholson is an amazing joker.

• Funnyguy

★★★★

Contrary to the epic proportions of Nolans Batman movies this is more low-key and story driven, with a more linear narrative and defined set pieces.

Very well made. Nicholsons performance as the Joker was definitely on par with Heath Ledgers, and Burton nailed the directing.

• EliaN

★★★

Decided to give Burton's Batman films a rewatch, it's been ages since I last watched them. And in the current era where Nolan's gritty vigilante films hold the cake as the definitive take on the character and we've had some various interpretations in animation, this film by Burton feels dated. We're so far gone from this style of Batman that this one feels like Adam West's Batman, mind you not that far, but still super cartoony. Nonetheless, Burton has an…

• davidrobbs

★★★½

I enjoyed every fake gunshot sound effect there was in this movie

• Meg_64

★★★★

Una gran versión del superhéroe que nos brinda el mítico tema con el que ya se le relaciona siempre, y con un gran Joker. Está to bien.

• John Mitchell

★★★★

Tim Burton skilfully balances cartoonish, frenetic energy and a dark, brooding and mysterious sensibility to produce a version of the caped crusader that is both true to the source material and fresh and new.
    Keaton is, perhaps surprisingly, perfectly cast as the troubled billionaire vigilante and Kim Basinger is likable as the love-interest, but Nicholson as the Joker seems to take Cesar Romero's wonderfully over-the-top TV incarnation and give him a delicious, malevolent and creepy twist. He's brilliant.

• Ric4589

★★½

Very impressive from a technical standpoint, but the script leaves a lot to be desired.

• Rod Taylor

★★★★

The original and one of the best CMB's. It seems a little dated now and a bit cheesy, especially Nicholson, but for 1989 when these kinds of movies didn't exist it works really well. Tim Burton was the perfect choice to bring Batman to the big screen. The production design and model work is fantastic, and Michael Keaton as Batman is perfect. Silent and brooding. It also pushes its PG-13 rating right to the edge.

• Austin_B_64

★★½

"Batman" has earned a spot in cinema history, and you can tell a lot of effort went into making it memorable, unique and entertaining. I think my issue is that many of the elements that made the film originally stand out (the dark tone, the atmosphere, the depiction and characterization of The Joker, etc.) have been done better in later films and adaptations. I just don't think it holds up.

• Ayrtondin

★★★★

Grande acerto do Tim Burton.

• Boggy Creek

★★★½

Tim Burton's chaotic clash of 40s noir and skyscrapers, each towering over the city of Gotham in a splash of stylish fascination. The Bat and his black cape; creeping in the shadows and throwing spurts of smoke for disguise. The Joker and his endless grin; injecting cold laughter and fear onto the streets of this jam-packed city. Purple playfulness on the outside, while wretchedness sits on the inner; The Joker is the epitome of fearful madness. A villain and a…

• johnny_w

★★★★

what I love about this film is how it has this a great balance of darkness and a cartoony quality. the story is great. I loved the cast. overall, it's a very well put together movie that is still as good as it was years ago. I give it 4 stars.