• TheGermanSnob

Ich bin mir nicht sicher, ob Beyond The Black Rainbow, das Erstlingswerk von Panos Cosmatos, dafür gemacht ist, nüchtern angesehen zu werden. Der Gedanke drängt sich auf, dass die Bilder, die er präsentiert sehr viel interessanter sein mögen, wenn man sie in einem veränderten Bewusstseinszustand anseht, wenn auch eventuell nur deswegen, weil man in einem solchen Zustand nicht so leicht darauf aufmerksam werden würde, wie dünn die Handlung eigentlich ist, die mit ihnen dargestellt wird. Und daran ist grundsätzlich ja…

• Chicks

★★★

Not sure what the fuck I just watched, but it looked pretty cool.

• KevMcG

★★★

I watched this very hungover, and steeped in self loathing. Dark room during the day. My self, fear and paranoia enhanced this a lot for me. Aesthetically , really pleasing, but, for all the patience it just didn't tickle me enough.

Solely worth the watch for when the guy bizarrely encourages himself. Never mind how cool the fucking thing looks.

• anne_f_

Well I'm now beyond the black rainbow trying to work out what that was all about.

• Aaron Murray

★★★★★

A crazy snyth filled acid trip filled with beautiful visuals.
    What more could i ask for?

• Kristofer

★★★

Långsam, men en estetiskt fulländad vision värd att applådera. Att den sätter det visuella framför story och allt annat spelar mindre roll för mig. Garanterad klassikerstämpel i psykotroniska kretsar om 20 år. Ska bli mycket spännande att se vad Cosmatos släpper i framtiden.

• rajipurcell

A 10-minute short stretched to be 2 hours in length. Every scene goes on for too long. It's pretentious and tries way too hard (and fails) to be Kubrick-esque. Beautiful cinematography and art direction give it its only stars from me.

• Connor

★★★½

interesting movie. great synth soundtrack

• bri

yo what the FUCK

• Elijah Warren

★★★

This review is really in between a four and a three. Beyond the Black Rainbow has some really good moments. It is truly psychedelic with mind bending images and some of the themes are thought provoking as well. However, I think overall it is missing something in the composition and story that could have made it a much better movie; for instance, at times I thought it was a little too cliché and predictable. I would recommend this movie, but more for its imagery and really good five or six minute segments rather than for the whole movie.

• Kit Gow

★★★★

i have absolutely no idea what i just watched.

but it was Great. and absolutely mesmerising.

• Mark Delete

★★★★★

For me this film is all about the aesthetic. It takes place in an amazing genre I grew up on. Design that I will love until I die. The most perfect soundtrack I have ever heard. A good enough & intriguing idea that keeps me coming back to watching this movie.

I can not get into the slasher ending of the movie. It feels so disjointed but still looks cool. Thats all I tend to care about when it comes to art.