• Rachel Stuplich

★★½

This was VERY unnerving, and incredibly hypnotic. Twice, I had to rewind to the place I had fallen asleep because the camera work just begs to put you in a trance

• FilipN

★★★

Great visuals. Awesome soundtrack. Had alot of potential but the story was very flat and the ending was terrible

• Alchymoto

• Perry

★★★★½

Hooptober 4.0 - 8/10
    Decades - 2/6 (2010s)

A mesmerizing, hypnotic trip down a neon-drenched rabbit hole of scientific terror, fueled by blaring synths and a stunning aesthetic. The sort of movie you could stare at for hours - and the sort I can only assume I'll be thinking about for weeks.

• grantxvx

★½

I thought this was a boring movie masquerading as an art film which it wasn't. It was just boring. I sold my Mondo VHS at a profit so I can't complain too much.

• Wes

★★★★★

um? so cinema fucking peaked in 2010 and no one bothered to tell me?

Beyond the Black Rainbow is, without a doubt, one of the most visually scrumptious and exquisitely made films I've ever seen. That cinematography? The colors? The sound design? Muah, muah, muah. I ate up every last bit of it. It oozes that 80s charm I always fall for in films, but Panos Cosmatos adds his enough of his own flavor to keep it from seeming derivative…

• Simon Lang

★★½

Pretentious and artsy fartsy or an intelligent masterpiece? The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

• Chris 🔮

★★★★½

this is absolutely one of the most unsettling and fucked up movies i've ever seen, it REALLY got under my skin at some points (especially the 1966 black+white sequence) and its definitely worth watching if you can put up with the slow pace. also every shot is beautifully composed and the score/sound design is crazy

• Natasha C.

★★★

Cool effects!

• Matt Constantine

★★★★

First off, know that this movie isn't going to be for everyone. It's a trance-like love letter to obscure VHS rental store science fiction. It's a style-over-substance trip into post-Hippie/failed-Utopia horror. A visual feast, with a truly wonderful synth score that feels like a lost classic from the glory days of David Cronenberg and John Carpenter. It's the movie the kids from 'Stranger Things' stay up too late to watch when their parents are asleep, that gives them nightmares. There's…

• Les Memes De Cherbourg