• Bella

This movie is incredible

It’s one of those movies that I’m sure even if I never watched it again I still wouldn’t forget it.

I once read somewhere that Taika Waititi has mastered the art of ‘happy sad’ and that’s probably the best way I can describe how I felt while watching this.  The last few scenes almost had me balling, and the end scene is genius.

I think everyone should see this movie, even if only so I can rant to them about how good it is.

• senthlpk

★★★★

Long on my list to catchup and i finally did, though it did seem a bit rough overall this is such a bitter-sweet funny little film.

Taika Waititi seems to be so critical and charmed with quirkiness of men - the humor and the tragedy stems from their flaws. Women/children seem so rooted while adult men are just floating in and out.

• Roberto Honorato

★★★★

Com esse filme, só falta mais um para terminar a filmografia do Taika e já posso dizer que é um diretor que me surpreende com a forma que mescla ingenuidade e inocência em um mundo malicioso que ele mesmo cria. Ótimos personagens e uma trama que lembra bastante Arizona Nunca Mais, não sei por quê, talvez seja o trio de bandidos do filme. A direção do Taika é bem Wes Anderson, só que mais orgânica ainda, o que é algo incrível para o segundo filme de um diretor desconhecido pré Flight of The Conchords e WWDITS.

TAIKA, eu te amo <3

• jusneor

★★★

powerful

• Victor Eklund

★★★

Less Waititi and more of the other characters could have made this movie great.

• margaret

★★★★★

A heartbreaking and tender movie about family and growing up, this truly cements Taika's place as a master storyteller. It's definitely a movie that'll stick with you for a while

• Tito Miranda

★★★★★

somebody i follow better watch this bc its amazing to me

• LTD

★★★★

Remember when you were a kid, and you just knew that your dad was invincible, amazing, and the best at everything?

Me neither.
    My dad wasn’t that great.

Still, you can’t help but love Alamein, (Taika Waititi) a man child of sorts, who comes home. Not necessarily to see his kids. But, for “a treasure” he buried years before.
    Young Alamein/Boy/Lil’ Shogun gets to see his hero/dad’s mystique unravel before his eyes, to reveal a flawed individual with questionable priorities,…

• azool!

★★★½

I was expecting a lot more from this because of Taika’s other movies which I love but it’s okay I still had fun :^))

• kat 👻

★★★½

i like leif the goat

• Dell Curry

★★★★

What can be noticed immediately in this film is its tonal structure and how it is executed. From the start of the film, you start with this quirky upbeat feeling with an amazing Maori score, but as the film goes on this opaque filter of happiness becomes more and more transparent to a deep and tragic level. This is where the film holds its highest moments, you begin to understand and perhaps sympathize with character motivations. Its plain to see…

• Isabel