• b

★★★★★

anyway this is one of my favourite films ever

• Carson Bennett

★★★★

Me: Boy is a masterpiece.

Some Jerk: No its not. Its just some dumb New Zealand indie film.

Me: Shut up Kingi, you don't know...

• Josh

★★★★★

Everytime i see this movie on here, i check my rating and than readjust. It's gone from 4 stars to 4 and a half to five.
    You know what, I love this film. 5 stars, i don't know why i didn't just rate it that way to begin with.

• benk💙

★★★★½

daddy taika waititi cooks up something only he can. a world almost real enough to be in ours but with the bit of the supernatural and blossoming colors everywhere you look.

• Akira18

★★★★★

My favorite Waititi film. A very heartfelt extension of his great short film. Reminiscent of Wes Andersen with its quirky tone, but also distinctly Waititi with its wholesome humor and dialogue, not to mention the authentic focus on New Zealand culture. The animations that capture Rocky's young imagination, the Michael Jackson music video reenactments, etc are really sweet, creative touches that add to the big heart of this film. Great child performances, and Waititi himself gives a solid portrayal of a troubled father.

• Robin

★★★

hug those deadbeat dads

• Vivian

★★★★

"stop cooking the doorknobs"

• Rangr

★★★★★

What a good film dealing with tough issues in a light hearted, goofy, funny, and bittersweet story. Excellent acting by the boy, and the director himself, Taiki Watiti. I think this is going to be one of my all time favourite films.

• Nayla Loik

★★★★

Amo muito o humor do Taika, ele é incrível, todo o sotaque do filme é bom e é uma história muito gostosa de assistir. Além disso temos Taika Waititi dançando Michael Jackson, senhoras e senhores

• Josh

★★★½

It’s not as good as eagle vs shark or hunt for the wilderpeople but it’s a heartwarming watch that rlly sticks with you.

• gita!

this was so good
    I cried so much when Leaf died
    I need to watch more Taika Waititi movies now

• will_boy

★★★★★

My favorite Taika. There’s so much heart packed into this one. It feels like the extension of his Academy Award nominated debut short.