• Michael Heimbaugh

YEW SELF-RIGHTEOUS FUHHHKK

• Samantha Williams

★★★★

"Counselor! Come out, come out, wherever you are!"

• Matthew

A classic.

• Thomas Barker

★★★

There's a lot to like about 'Cape Fear', including some excellent performances and stylish direction from Scorsese as well as genuine tension throughout. However, the film too often asks you to suspend disbelief, and by the end it's equivalent to a Tom and Jerry cartoon.

• Dillon

Robert De Niro has 3% body fat in this flick

• elizabeth harrison

★★★

the power went out when my sisters and i were watching this in our basement and it made the movie that much more terrifying.

• John_Doe11

★★★★½

The great Martin Scorsese takes what was already a expertly crafted 1962 thriller and puts his own stamp on it, with the usual flawed Scorsese progatonist (played by Nick Nolte) compared to the maybe too saintly Gregory Peck in the original, and his usual themes of sin (adultery and evidence tampering on Nolte's part) and redemption (portrayed at the end with Nolte's character putting himself in harms way for his family)

Is it better than the original 1962 classic? That's…

• Neal Mahoney

★★★½

Bobby D playing a real creepy convict and doing it perfectly. Even I was afraid of that accent.

• Cameron Macgowan

★★★★½

Pure cinema. My vote for Scorsese's most underappreciated picture.

• Jørgen J.A.

★★★½

I should've probably watched the original first, but at least this made it jump up a few slots on my watchlist. I've never been the biggest fan of De Niro, but he's pretty good here. It's just a shame that I kept thinking throughout the film "wow, I bet Robert Mitchum is perfect in this role in the original". I mean, this is what Mitchum does best. That role alone makes me really wanna watch the original now.

• Timothy

★★★★

Mmm mmm, hot as a fire cracker on the fourth of July.

Cape Fear > Raging Bull.

• Shawn

★★★★

Incredible movie. Not much can be said about this one that hasn't already, worth a watch and then some! Some truly dark stuff and awesome work by De Niro.