• ValeLon

★★★★

la tensione fatta a film

• Khris Graves

Cape Fear felt a little too chaotic/cheesy for me, but De Niro turned in a masterful performance. He had me hooked into the movie as soon he popped on screen.

It should also be said that one can hold a cigarette like Jessica Lange.

• Parallax52

★★★★

I was going to give this movie a 3.5/5. I thought it was pretty damn good, but some things like the out of place humor (in my opinion) and the weird camera work would've held it back. But then I saw that final act, and it was just so brilliant. All the acting is great and I liked the themes that were tackled. Overall, great movie with a lot of tense and well crafted scenes, but that last act is brilliant. As of now, 4/5 for me, but that could change on a rewatch.

• Dylan Padilla

★★★★½

Scorsese can do no wrong

• juliettecal

★★★½

Now that I am right under my sheets, all lights on, plus daylight that crosses the window, I may be ready to think about this film again (or may not). Easily one of the scariest things I have seen on large screen. Ok, I admit I'm probably not one big lover of horror movies anyway. To be honest, I am quite sure I've never been to cinema to see The Human Centiped or some of the thousand Final Destination. The…

• Nathan Bensoussan

★★★½

please Juliette Lewis please marry me. i won't make you happy but god you will destroy my jaw because i won't stop smiling while staring at you. now that that is said let's talk about the movie (but Juilette if you read this i love you). this movie is unbelievable by how it is shot and guess what? it is maybe because it is shot by one of the greatest filmmakers of our time (yes because those Neanderthals were maybe…

• sel1ena

Gros plans

• Jye Briscoe

★★★

It is absolutely impossible for me to watch this without thinking of the Season Five episode of The Simpsons titled 'Cape Feare'. The locations, the scene parodies and of course that iconic music that I've always associated with Sideshow Bob, it's all here.

With that out of the way, I was expecting slightly more from this. I'm not sure if this is considered better than the original or not, but I might have to check that one out.

• Isaak von Seggern

★★★★½

If my parents fought that loudly, I too would probably go in my room to watch a smoking hot milf shove a pineapple in her vagina(?) on my sick new 20 inch television set.

Easily the most fun I've had watching a Scorsese film since The Wolf of Wall Street.

• An Angry Bear

★★★★

Scorsese rarely disappoints, though I think De Niro may have been slightly miscast in this. He never fully reads as deranged or threatening in any real way.

• quietprofanity

★½

February 2017 Scavenger Hunt (#23) Task 10: Watch a movie parodied by The Simpsons.

My List I Tyler Perkins' Master List

[steps on a rake] Yeeuuuugh ... [steps on another rake] Yeuuuuugh ... [steps on a third rake] Yeeuuuuugh ...

I was listening to the audiobook version of Mark Kermode's It's Only a Movie this month and at one point he mentions hating Martin Scorcese's Cape Fear. Having heard only good things since then I thought he must have been…

• russman

★★★½

These must be the lessons De Niro learned in drama class