• Inés

★★★½

Robert de Niro laughing his ass off while watching "Problem Child" gives me life.

• lindylieu

★★★★½

I had a pretty good creepy stalker double feature this evening

• Samuel Bird

★★★

Clever imagery with some good camera work. Last scene went on for waaaay too long though.

• Paul Stella

★★½

Marty, I'm just not sure.

• Sam

★★★★★

Scorsese at his absolute greatest. This brutal psychological thriller is a master class in itself. The cast are strong and charismatic, the music is chilling, and the Hitchcock influenced filming and production really shines through. Some revenge films can make the viewer feel like just an observer, but this flick really puts you in Nick Nolte's position, and you truly feel that you are in the cat/mouse game with him and De Niro! Bravo - A*!

• Jeff King

★★★½

I suppose it's a testament to how good De Niro was in this movie that I actively considered turning it off and had a real problem with him in certain scenes (the school, for example). While that's certainly good acting, it flirted with my line of tolerance.

Not a movie I can ever watch again. It's decent, but it's just too off-putting.

• Elliott Brissenden

★★★★★

Scorsese does De Palma. De Niro as one of cinema's most terrifying villains. I should not have watched this when I was 8.

• Shaun Deegan

★★★★★

One of the most effective remakes maybe ever. It acts in complete deference to the original 1962 film, while simultaneously plowing forward its own terrifying path.

Robert De Niro is next level here, giving a gloriously over the top and, even though this seems contradictory, nuanced performance. He's like the Terminator, with a personality, in his relentless pursuit of adjudication.

Scorsese really gets this material, on a filmmaking level, and lovingly recreates the tone and feeling of thrillers from the…

• Jakeellz

★★★★★

This film is cinematically psychotic. Editing, insane. Cinematography, fucking wild. Acting, off the goddamn wall. And you better bet Robert De Niro's six-pack that I loved every minute of it.

• MisterYuck

Yes, Scorsese is a modern American master, but this is a tiresome movie. DeNiro's accent is tiresome. The Hitchcock apery is tiresome. The two plus hour running time is tiresome. I was alternatively bored and skeeved out, the latter usually happening with the multiple scenes of sexual assault (golly, I'm starting to think this character isn't a nice guy!). Yeesh.

• Junker

★★★½

Nolte and DeNiro are pretty good once you get used to Bobby's stupid accent. The women aren't given much to do. The boat scene was underwhelming

• Michael Roberts

★★★★

Scorsese really does *the most* during that last sequence.

Really fun, pulpy movie that dives in right at the beginning and keeps up that momentum until the very end.

Some directorial choices that definitely may have seemed more effective in the 90s, but now just seem campy.

Incredible performances all  around, and damn Juliette Lewis really kills it.