• kwarrma

★★★★★

thismovie is so sad i love it ao much this so nostalgic for me i highly recommend this movie

• Olivia Kleven

so! much! heart! 🥺❤️✨

• Razan Ghalayini

Love love love

• dontsmileatme

★★★★

More coming-of-age stories that revolved around Black teenage girls would be gladly appreciated.

• Loaft_King

★★★

Everyone's a Critic 52 Week Challenge Week 9: An Independent Film.

Another somewhat disappointing challenge in this book. I mostly watch indie films over Hollywood big studio productions to begin with, so much so, the next film I planned to watch before I even saw this week's challenge was independent.

Independent films may not always connect or entertain in the Hollywood sense of the word, but it allows filmmakers the creative control to bring their artistic vision and voice to…

• onemarathon

★★★½

A really great early-ish Spike Lee film that I enjoyed on first watch way back in the 90's. It holds up nicely, not a "love it" movie for me, but well-acted, with a fun script and cool music. In fact, that soundtrack turned me onto the sounds of Motown, soul, funk, and the original R&B.

Set in 1973, the story follows a family struggling to make ends meet in their little Brooklyn flat, also showing realistic and funny portrayals of…

• Eóin

★★★★½

February 2021 Blankie Discord Scavenger Hunt Film #14: 1) #General: a movie from a list or project you're chipping away at (tell us what it is in the discord!)

I hate that it’s taken me this long to final watch Crooklyn, and I’m very glad that I pushed myself to final watch via the Blankie Discord Scavenger Hunt Film, and that I left it to the final day too. Just a wonderful film full to the brim of wonderful things,…

• tayloradiaz

★★★★

Spike Lee has a great way of making you literally vibe for an hour and then sends you on an emotional rollercoaster. No but seriously this movie was fucking awesome. Maybe it’s just this movie and do the right thing that spike Lee does this, but I love how these two films don’t really have a plot it’s just like watching history. And I actually really like that. Well done, Spike, Well done.

• lorae

i have been crying for the past 10 minutes

• Jenna

★★★★

She had charisma, uniqueness, nerve, and talent

• DebbieDoesDagon

★★★★½

A slightly directionless, but wonderfully charming look back at a place, a people, and an era. It also has a lot of mommy stuff, that just cuts through all my defenses, so I have to love it, I have no other choice.

• tyosterman

★★★½

Nice little family drama. Was visually thrown when Troy headed south; thought the cable feed was f’ed; interesting choice.