Cursed is not even close to being bad as I had expected. Based on everything I’ve heard people say about this movie, I expected it to be unwatchable.
Yeah, the CGI in the latter half is atrocious, some of the performances are uneven, and it’s coated with mid 2000’s cheese, but setting those obvious gripes aside, it’s honestly a pretty entertaining werewolf film.
The practical werewolf looks amazing for the most part - especially in the earlier scenes. Craven’s direction is solid and there are a few fun set pieces like the Hall of Mirrors.
Plus, the movie has:
1. the same high school that Buffy was filmed in.
2. Creepy Scott Baio before he became Creepy MAGA Scott Baio
3. a werewolf wrestling match.
4. Judy Freaking Greer
5. Not one, but TWO Lex Luthors occupying the same cinematic space.
6. And of course, a werewolf flipping off Christina Ricci.