• Merek Zimmerman

A massive donut shaped bed rotates endlessly , it’s circumference is at least 20 feet, its huge. Every inch of the bed is covered in cold hard cash. A woman’s leg shoots out of the cash and it’s revealed that our protagonists are buried in money and making sweet sweet love. Maybe the greatest shot ever.

I think this might be Bava’s most well rounded movie. It goes without saying but the visuals are crazy, filled with kaleidoscope colours, masterful…

• Dylan

★★★★★

Diabolik is Bond if he was a criminal and lived in the batcave. You even have Largo from Thunderball playing the villain in this too.

A lot of movies that evolve around a thief or an antihero tend to have the character avoid the police or take them out non-lethally, here Diabolik mows down cops and criminals alike and is 100% only out for himself and his girlfriend Eva. Despite killing the good guys, he still manages to be a likeable…

• Sam Silcock

★★★★½

Impossible to not be impressed with how stylish the film is. In saying that, it’s almost a too obvious statement to say that this movie is a little too long and lingers on points too much.

• NotJayTabb

★★★★

Playing like a cross between an early Bond movie and the 1966 Batman film, this is a highly colourful, highly stylish comic adaptation of the master thief Diabolik and his ingenious battles with the law. Though he very much keeps the riches to himself (as shown in a scene where he canoodles on a bed of money with his love interest Eva), he's portrayed as a heroic Robin Hood character, keeping one step ahead of Michel Piccoli's Inspector Ginko at all times. It's not a deep film, but it is an incredibly entertaining watch

• samson

★★★★

I do not watch movies to be entertained, I watch them because I relish in the bouquet of artistic enlightenment.

• Krautsalat

★★★★½

Woovember 2020: Bonus film #31

Don't worry. With this suit, l could swim through the center of the sun.

Concentrated Swinging Sixties vibes, injected straight into my eyeballs.

• León ⚡ Serratos

Notes from 2010:

[Ah, bueno. Me alegra no haberla visto sino hasta este año, para verla en Mórbido.]

[¡Eva!]

• cinemacide

★★★★★

Bava does Bond ...on acid

• Le Sack

a trippy james bond for the counterculture that nonetheless reaffirms monogamy

• Luke

★★★½

Aesthetically pleasing but a mess of a structure and script

• Jack Prosser

★★★½

This brought me back in touch with my inner 9 year old, the little freak who used to rewatch the Austin Powers films excessively, it's got every maximalist spy touch you could want. Bava's sets and lighting are bursting with imagination, matte paintings and optical illusions creating immense scale. His colours are as bold as ever, combined with the odd dramatic transition it's one of the rare comic book adaptations like Dick Tracy that really commits to the aesthetic. John…

• Süleyman Yıldız

★★★★

Şimdiye kadar izlediğim en keyifli Bava filmi.Diabolik para uğruna her türlü tehlikeye atılabilecek, baş döndürücü güzellikteki sevgilisiyle büyük işlere kalkışan etkileyici bir anti-kahraman.60'ların fütüristik set tasarımı, mükemmel Morricone müzikleri ve eğlenceli kamera hileleriyle ayrıca renk cümbüşü görsel yapısıyla bir Bava harikası.Mutlaka izlenmeli.