• baduncadunc

★★★★

Just Orson Welles having a blast.

I like the way he pronounces "larceny."

Explains a lot of why Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain were so obsessed with him.

This maybe my new favorite Orson Welles movie.

• Frank Varga Jr.

★★★★

If I could have the opportunity to speak with anyone in history I think it'd be Orson Welles.

Radical film that feels like it was made out of nothing.

• Dwayne Allen

★★★★½

This sounds like a backhanded compliment though I don't mean it that way, but I think Orson Welles would have done great on YouTube

• Stan Lubanski

Wasn't feeling it at the time, will try again later.

• Noah Newcomb

★★★★

Orson Welles: Ladies and gentleman, by way of introduction, this is a film about trickery, fraud, about lies. Tell it by the fireside or in a marketplace or in a movie, almost any story is almost certainly some kind of lie. But not this time. This is a promise. For the next hour, everything you hear from us is really true and based on solid fact.

This is hands down my favorite documentary. Even though I don't love Citizen Kane

• Christian Holub

★★★★★

And here I thought The Prestige was the best possible movie about magicians. Is this my favorite Orson Welles movie? I couldn’t look away for a second. I’ve never seen anything like it even though it’s about so many things I love thinking about — magic, art, French cathedrals, elite snobbery, black markets, hot babes — and narrated by the most compelling magician in Hollywood history.

• nick nightingale

wheeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Ryan

★★★★½

G for Great

• kevinfbrown90

★★★★

Massive mad genius vibes, and Michel Legrand as always is the secret MVP but goddammit Orson I wanted to see more of that monkey!

• Benjamin Leonard

★★★½

Orson really hams it up, but that's part of the fun.

• Robert Gilchrist

★★★½

Movies as magic, and Welles as the grand illusionist.

• Tim Hilbert

★★★★★

I would paint my walls with these images. This film skull fucked my brain when I was in high school and that hole was just decimated again.