• Parker

I wish they would have ... found ... some good actors.

• ennaih

★★½

Holy hell.

Brilliant premise, great title sequence, two excellent main performances, brilliant first scene. And then it dragged and dragged and bored the hell out of me and seemed to go on foreverrrrr, and everyone else in the cast was terrible, especially the other kids. But then a few beautiful scenes between the brothers, and then oh my fucking god. Oh my god.

Those last three scenes were absolutely Hellraiser level of traumatising. And that last shot, oh my fucking…

• Paul

★★★½

This movie is about an aspiring comic book artist who stumbles upon a thrilling murder mystery. The movie stars a kid named Marty whose older brother Stevie is going through a bit of a rough patch. Their parents are not good at their parenting jobs, so Marty loses his way. But after a pep talk from Stevie, Marty learns that fighting back is the only way. But is it really? Only time will tell.

Marty complains a lot. He gets…

• Jake James Kath

Uhhhh. If this was a some type of parody of these white boy growing pains type horror movies that seem to thrive within the low budget arena (honestly, what the fuck is the deal with that (does every white boy who feels like an outsider for idoitic reasons want to be an indie horror director)) I would have probably loved it. Instead, it lives in that narrative with no sense irony and just comes off visual arrested development. No fun for anyone.

Just because you have no budget, doesn’t mean you can’t have style or ideas. See MAKE OUT WITH VIOLENCE and forget by this one.

• 🐮

See Hollie's and femme's reviews for well-articulated expressions of why this movie doesn't work.

....but really, this won awards?

• J

Worth only for it's ending. It tries to tell a good story but at the ends it just feels flat, that plus lots of bad acting makes a movie a wouldn't recommend to everyone. Though, give it a try if you like the genre.

p.s it has its value based on the budget they had.

• christian

★★★½

as i was expecting, this played out more like a coming-of-age drama with a little bit of horror inserted into the mix

• JKA

0.0

• kevinquizboy

0/5

• J. Livingston

½

0/5

I've thought a lot about this all day and I have come to the decision that this is the worst movie I have ever seen.

• John Ryan

Props for including a couple racebannon songs in the soundtrack. Negative props for using racebannon as serial killer music, and for not addressing the weird racist shit all over this film.

• mmatthewryann

★½

There’s uhhh definitely a thin line between “this character is a bad person, he is racist” and the script just straight up being racist. And I think this movie crosses it?? This has Tarantino level slurs (who I also think is a stupid asshole btw).
    My contact lenses were dry the entire time I was watching this. I should have taken that as a sign to just take them out and go to bed. This shit was boring.