• KissBoy

★½

Takes way too long to get to the monsters, and most of the time the models look stiff as hell.

• Jerry Downing

★★★

Godzilla flick about a Godzilla themed amusement park that just so happens to be run by aliens. Their planet was destroyed by pollution so they decided to take over ours to stop the same thing from happening. They plan to use a couple monsters to kill all the humans. It's up to Godzilla to stop them.

The plot is ridiculous and the budget is low, but this is still a fun one. Multiple monsters battling it out.

• RioGordo

The Kaiju 52 Project, 20th film

After the straight-up bananas insanity of Godzilla vs Hedorah, I found the next film, Godzilla vs Gigan something of a let down. I had been looking forward to it, too.

I was aware of Gigan from having seen him fighting alongside Megalon before (hoo boy, we’ll get to that one!) and I was curious to see how one of the most imaginatively designed kaiju ever first appeared.

After several Godzilla and Gamera films from…

• Noraa

pt3 of 9.9.17 godzilla marathon

absolutely ridiculous. the plot and all the acting was all over the place.

cockroach aliens who use magnetic tape (like a reel to reel) to speak to evil space kaiju to come fight godzilla. just wild.

the first half of the movie holds it down, honestly, as the second half is one long monster fight, and for the most part, it's great and fun. the first half just tries too hard to set the fight up, and almost none of it takes place on Monster Island!!!

gigan looks cute though with his circular saw belly

• KillDeer

★★★

This was good but could be great if they cared

• FilmmakerSteve

A species of alien cockroaches (lead by Fujita and Nishizawa) plan to create eternal peace, for themselves, on Earth by using King Ghidorah and a new monster named Gigan to destroy the human race.

However, these actions have captured the attention of Godzilla and Anguirus and they are called upon, once again, to be Earth’s guardians.

There isn’t much human character development and you will be questioning why these characters are even in this movie. What’s the point of them?…

• Sean

★★★½

Slow going at first but the monster fights in this one are out of control. This is some down and dirty BRAWLIN' and I love it. Gigan's design is ridiculously great -- how come he hasn't made more appearances?? Bring Gigan back to the big screen. Godzilla slapping himself to get over his momentary yips is fantastic, the monster blood is pretty great, Godzilla and Anguirus re-enacting the Goku and Piccolo vs. Raditz fight against King Ghidora RULES. I can't get enough!

• Jacob Lyngle

★★★★★

showed my pal Truman his first godzilla film and of course it had to be my favorite of all time

• Jacob Lyngle

★★★★★

Godzilla Vs. Gigan gives me hope in a world full of heartbreaks, depression and insanity. The world may suck and times will get extremely rough, but Godzilla Vs. Gigan remains a beacon of hope, at least in my life.

• Aaron Prescott

Two bros from space come to bring "peace" to all us sinners. They bring peace by unleashing King Ghidorah and Gigan to stomp our livelihood into a peaceful submission. Two things to note: Wasn't Ghidorah curb stomped in DESTROY ALL MONSTERS? And I'm pretty sure this was the first Godzilla to feature some blood.

• ThaTastyKoala

★★★

I love Gigan, he's one of my favorite monsters in the entire Godzilla universe. But this isn't a very good movie. It's a better film than Godzilla vs. Megalon so it's unfortunately not in "so-bad-it's-good" territory, but it's worse than your average G film. I'll give it three stars though because Gigan is just so damn cool.

• Per Hasselström

Godzilla's darkest hour! The finale was surprisingly dramatic! I found myself engaged, and worried about our big doofus.
    Bonus points for one of the most stylish booby traps in cinema history.