• Aaron Witt

★★★½

the only watchable sandler film

• davedavidson88

★★★★★

"What? Friends listen to 'Endless Love' in the dark!"

• Daniel Henderson

★★★★½

Seriously, how is THIS DELETED SCENE not in the movie?!

1996 Movies Ranked

• Rose

★★★★

Bob Barker saying "bitch" still gets me.

• Glorbes

Sandler plays an unhinged, angry asshole manchild that, for reasons that escape me, is the hero of this movie. It has some laughs I guess, and I can see why it would be such an appealing film to pre-pubescent kids (it's pitched to them, and has enough salty content to be just slightly inappropriate, which makes it even better for that set), but Happy himself is a shitty human being that is only redeemed by the screenplay requiring a heart-warming objective for him to achieve.

• Jack Williams

★★½

I really want a Subway now.

• AwesomeHat

★★★½

Funny, quotable, and sports

• Geoff Dunlap

★★★★

A very consistently funny movie about Sandler as an aspiring hockey player who is eventually brought into play golf despite not fitting in with the golf crowd. Like most of Sandler's films, this has a lot of heart and despite the protagonist being a bit abrasive, he is ultimately a good guy who just wants to do right by the people in his life.

Well worth the watch, just don't expect anything too intelligent, it's just light hearted fun.

• jun juns

½

Please die in a fire adam sandler.

• SafeDriver

★★★★

I remember you Adam Sandler movies with heart and no Rob Schneider or the other bags of crap

• TheBetterOne

★★½

This is Adam Sandler's best comedy and its still just average

• tectactoe

★★★

54/100

One of the few instances in which I not only find Adam Sandler tolerable, but moderately enjoyable (for the most part), too. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that he isn’t shrouding himself in some quasi-retarded accent (Billy Madison, The Waterboy) or mining for legitimate pathos and ultimately failing (Big Daddy, Click). No, no—Happy Gilmore knows exactly what it is, and it doesn’t try to be anything more. You could try to scrutinize…