• Alper Cugun

"Do you want this cute little white girl to get raped and murdered?"

This used to be a bag of cheap laughs but by now American stupidity has overtaken almost everything that's in this movie. The above line is mainstream anti-immigration rhetoric at this point.

What life is in this movie comes from the colorful group of friends that Harold and Kumar pick up on the road. The two love stories are so bland that they reinforce the idea that these two guys should actually be together but are prevented from doing so by their ingrained heteronormativity.

• Brian Panitch

★★★

Cock meat sandwich

• Bryan Colley

After 20 minutes of clunky exposition, nonstop bathroom humor, and not a single laugh, I gave up.

• Kyle Etzel

★★★½

You know, as far as dumb-as-bricks aughties bro-comedy movies go, this is probably one of the least painful entries.

Looking back on it from nearly a decade later, it's also a perfect encapsulation of the stupid, macho, reactionary 'murica bullshit that's gotten us where we are today. Even if its mockery of it is rather hamfisted and obvious.

• emkang

★★½

After the enjoyable first movie, this movie made the classic sequel mistake of going too big too fast. I honestly would have preferred these two going to some other fast food joint rather than this overblown mess.

• DavidJM

• JeffDLowe

59/100

• Hemlock

★★½

Again really silly,sometimes even stoopid and yet mostly funny

• Mike D'Angelo

43/100

[originally written on my blog]

Ye gods. Even more theoretically admirable than its predecessor, but now the racial material is so pointed that it almost bypasses comedy, to the point where you feel actively lectured. Ed Helms as the translator who can't understand Korean-Americans speaking word-perfect English, for example, pushes the idea of willful xenophobia too far, so that it's no longer rooted in our everyday experience; the joke would have worked better had Harold's parents deviated at least…

• Kevin Cormier

★★★

There is something about broad comedies, that either you get or you don't and not getting it makes a movie like this seem pretty bad and dumb. I quite enjoyed this one, sure it's over the top and crude but it carries with it some genuine laughs and a good heart at the middle of things. Neil Patrick Harris makes his mandatory cameo as himself which is hilarious as usual. The scene with the bottomless party is pure genius and is quite possibly my favorite scene. Funnier than i expected. Enjoyed it more than the first one.