• Mike D'Angelo

★★½

43/100

[originally written on my blog]

Ye gods. Even more theoretically admirable than its predecessor, but now the racial material is so pointed that it almost bypasses comedy, to the point where you feel actively lectured. Ed Helms as the translator who can't understand Korean-Americans speaking word-perfect English, for example, pushes the idea of willful xenophobia too far, so that it's no longer rooted in our everyday experience; the joke would have worked better had Harold's parents deviated at least…

• Kevin Cormier

★★★

There is something about broad comedies, that either you get or you don't and not getting it makes a movie like this seem pretty bad and dumb. I quite enjoyed this one, sure it's over the top and crude but it carries with it some genuine laughs and a good heart at the middle of things. Neil Patrick Harris makes his mandatory cameo as himself which is hilarious as usual. The scene with the bottomless party is pure genius and is quite possibly my favorite scene. Funnier than i expected. Enjoyed it more than the first one.

• mariam

★★★½

I should've maybe seen the first movie first.

• Corey

★★★½

Ron Fox is the greatest villain

• cing

★★½

too much romance

• jaytsun

okay i mean i thought a bit more of them but i mean

• James

★★★

Not in the same tier as the original, but still really funny.

• Brennan Klein

★★★

I'm glad they continued the weirdly sharp political satire but my have those returns diminished.

• tadeuspadron

It only relies on racial jokes. I can see some charm in the movie, but in the end, the movie falls and gets lost in the same awful stinky void of i.e Warren Beatty's "Bullworth", or Sandler's "Jack & Jill".

• Anthony Gileno

3 / 5

• Mr_Mov_e2

68/100

• Brady Spencer

★★★

"Cuz we're fugitives. Driving a yellow convertible with the top down, dressed like assholes!"

Y'know what you're in for.