• Night miner

★★★★

This film finds Spike Lee tackling timely sociopolitical themes in typically provocative style, even if the result is sometimes ambitious to a fault.

• jeanishimwe

★★★½

Probably my least favourite movie (along with he got game) from Spike’s prime run during the late 80s and 90s. Lots of good scenes in this but all together it’s just an awkward movie.
    I did get a chance to see it in theatres though. It was a trip, never thought I’d see a Spike joint from this era on anything other than my TV or laptop.

• Lance2001

Was that Brad Dourif?

• 小孩看到鬼。

★★★½

coke on her black skin made it stripe like a zebra.

• David2

★★★½

Le discours sur le racisme a évidemment vieilli mais le film est suffisamment bien fait et distrayant pour constituer aujourd’hui un beau témoignage de l’œuvre de Spike Lee. Le casting est all-star +++, entre Samuel L. Jackson, Wesley Sniped, Halle Berry, Tim Robbins, Brad Dourif, Anthony Queen, John Turturro et la moitié des acteurs des Soprano.

OCS

• Sally

★★★

This has a solid cast and good acting, but there is just way too much going on here. Lots of characters plus additional storylines that come up kind of take away from the core of it.

Flipper, a successful, married black architect, begins an affair with the new white temp worker at his office, Angie. Both face major repercussions following their affair.

I really admire Spike Lee and his vision, but he was all over the place with this one.

• Andrew

★★★½

A dark film that presents in equal measure humour, pain and love. All are of the accepted normalcy of the players in this twisted quest for answers that aren’t possible to find in the two hour run time. Stevie Wonder sets the mood for the film with songs that present fractured tapestry of sounds that feature iconic skits from his albums. While this film presents more questions than answers of as to how one could grow beyond the clutches of a firmly rooted family system built off of ethnic ideologies, it starts a conversation that continues to this day.

• Brian Gordon

★★★★

The Taj Mahal sequence was breathtaking.

• Talor Marshall

★★★½

'Jungle Fever' hit the audiences on the head with its themes and on-the-nose viewpoints regarding racism and interracial relationships, despite this and the unusual ending, Lee does however promote a conversation regarding subconscious intentions when different races mix. Ebert finely states that, "'Jungle Fever' is Spike Lee's term for unhealthy sexual attraction between the races - for relationships based on stereotypes. Too often, he believes, when blacks and whites go to bed with one another, they are motivated, not by love or affection, but by media-based myths about the sexual allure of the other race".

Watched on a digital file

• Justin Tan

★★★½

Very stylistic, although it felt like I was watching 2 movies because of the plot lines.. but that ending. Spike tf was u tryna do with that ending. Had The Room vibes at the end

• sara

★★★

fuck italian men that is all

• Daniel Halladay

some thoughts:
    -hopefully that dolemite movie means wesley snipes is back because he’s great in this
    -the world would be a better place if ruby dee and ossie davis were in every movie
    -I wish I could have spike lee as a high school teacher
    -this is quite possibly the best use of tim robbins in any movie ever
    -the montage of flip and angie getting to know each other is masterful
    -those cops from do the right thing are still…