• ClinTarantino

★★★★

Finally back. Back in black with an Italian all time classic.

Was really hyped but also scaried about this second part because I’ve expected it to be slow but yeah my scares were true because it was like a tarkovsky in pacing and than it’s have to be many other great things to enjoy me. But yeah there the hype part were true. Mostly loved the flair. It’s like a Fellini Flair paired with Bergman Dialogues and backgrounded from tarkovsky…

• Arighna

★★★★

The film takes a deep dive into the psychology of an unique yet very common modern marital relationships.
    The story revolves around a married couple, Giovanni & Lidia; both with opposing characteristics. Their spark in the relationship is fading away due to uncertainty of their feelings. Giovanni,a little unfaithful & Lidia, a complex lady, both of them adding a heavy drama & romance to the film.
    Michelangelo Antonioni created a wide array of contradicting qualities to the character of Lidia.
    To the very…

• pgarland

★★★★

Total disconnection. Really pretty movie. Damning end (I think).

• Andrew Durso

★★★½

“wahhh the architectural landscape of milan is so antiseptic!” shut the FUCK up dude. yeah i’m fuckin, i’m playin the world’s smallest accordion (italian violin) for you on that one buddy. you live in milan, italy in 1961. it’s an earthly paradise. it’s all movie stars driving around in hot wheel sized sports cars that are smaller than their actual, physical human body. you can walk into any mcdonald’s and every customer is a 32 year old sex addict that’s wearing a sundress in october.

• Vasilije Vujčić

loše se osećam sada

• Liam Squirrell

sissignore ottimo film. molto bella!

• edosangio

★★★★★

"La Notte" is definitely one of my favourite movies. Antonioni delivered a product (more than one, if we consider the whole tetralogy) that still today impresses with its communicative power. The language of the film, the themes and the characters stand out in an Italian cinematographic context strongly marked by neorealism and about to open its own season of "Commedia all'italiana". Lidia and Giovanni experience first the malaise of existence and then the discomfort of a life as a couple.…

• GOLQMPAQK

★★★★½

Felt the sad soul of our times back in 1961. I'd give everything to hear Antonioni's opinion on 2020. It might calm me down. No one shoots modern-day architecture as beautiful as him.

• KrisKelvin99

★★★★

La Notte brings together 4 titans of European entertainment culture. A legendary director in Michelangelo Antonioni (still the coolest name in all the land), a legendary french actor in Jeanne Moreau, and two legendary Italian actors, Marcello Mastroianni, and Monica Vitti. Each coming together to craft another installment in Antonioni’s unofficial thematic trilogy.

It is visually spectacular, with a wonderfully jazzy score, and top notch writing and performances. While dealing with the downfall of a relationship in modern times, within only a day.

With another brilliant finale, I cannot wait to continue to explore the world, and voice of Antonioni.

Ranking Michelangelo Antonioni

• nunzzzzzz

★★★★½

la notte is full of dread and passion. it is incredibly subtle and clever in embracing so many subjects without addressing each one of them didactically. one of the most dense movies i have ever watched.

“E poi il futuro si ricordi è probabile che non cominci mai.“

• Rafael

★★★★½

of course meeting with Monica Viti in a party will shake the foundations of your marriage

• Ole N.

★★★½

I no longer have inspirations, only memories.

72/100