• fincky87

★★★★★

Lieblingsfilm aller Zeiten. Liebe. Perfektion.

• m i a

★★★★½

Sofia Coppola always has a way into my heart

• Andrew Whitford

★★★★½

There's no other way to say this: I really like this movie.

• Celine

★★★★½

A look at the feeling of being utterly lost and isolated in a foreign country, this film put together the feelings clearly. From the shots of overpowering landscapes to the colorful neon lights of Tokyo, this film details two people and their struggle to find their way in the world.
    While giving great performances from Bill Murray and Scarlett Johanson, we witness the way their meeting impacts their lives and the intimacy they seek and gain from one another.

• Ryan Fischer

★★★★½

A depiction of anomie and loneliness that is layered and emotionally complex but also somehow casual, grounded, and relatable. Builds wonderfully.

• Ketta

★★★★★

I will have to die not knowing what she whispered into his ear and that kills me.

• Mikayla

Daddy Murray

• Sarah McMullan

★½

I have seen this before. Several times. And my overwhelming memory of it was dislike.
    BUT in the interests of having changed a lot over the intervening decade, I decided to give it another go. And here's my thoughts on LOST IN TRANSLATION, 2017.

Look at the pretty quirky people, feeling so awkward in their gauche American way, stranded in Japan which is like TOTALLY foreign you know? Because the people look different and they speak a different language and…

• ursila

★★★½

me: *has no idea what happened for the whole 1:41:46*
    me: wow poetic cinema!

• Kyle

★★★★

Beautifully shot, well acted by the then unknown ScarJo and the perfectly cast Murray. It's slow and steady, subtle but heartfelt and very well done.

• William Dowley

DON'T FALL FOR HER LURES BILL SHE IS AN ALIEN SEDUCTRESS ONLY AFTER YOUR SKIN

this is really a problem though because every time Scarlett Johansson is in a movie that's all I can think about please send help

• Snook

I know lots of people who loved this movie but even though this is my second viewing, I still can't get into it. It takes a long time to get going and just seems to stumble through the awkwardness of being in a strange place. It's only within the last 30 minutes or so does the movie get some legs.