• Carlos Lazcano

★★★★★

That poster is the fucking mood of the film

And is the mood of your life too.

You look bored? Is because you are bored… of this fucking life.
    Bill and Scarlett represents two little pieces of this puzzle, that are lost, and they only converged in a fucking far away land.

At the end, well, life is the same… but not the characters, that felt something that found a fucking sparkle of joy in the sea of shit.
    Go and watch the movie now!

If you say that is boring, is because you are… and you are hopeless

• Elliot Slade

Relatable to any traveler

• zane

★★★★★

you'd think Scarlett would've learned what an asian person looked like after starring in this

• EliaN

★★★★★

I am kicking myself that it's taken me this long to see this movie. I seriously enjoyed it. Bill Murray is endearing in this movie and plays the subtleties excellently, also he has some great deadpan humor here. Scarlett is absolutely gorgeous and cute, and plays her role of a lost and slightly spurned lover to perfection here. Fantastic little film that hit the heart at all the right moments. And they don't the stupid thing and make this creepy, they keep it cute and innocent most of the film, like its supposed to be. Excellent little film that I'm glad I finally got to watch.

• Henry Rosenbloom

Magical.

Ebert explains why this movie is important better than I ever could: www.rogerebert.com/reviews/great-movie-lost-in-translation-2003

• Alexander Månsson

★★★½

I enjoyed this quite a bit. Bill Murray's deadpan humor and Scarlett Johansson's sweet yet troubled character combine very well to create a story about loneliness and various life crises. The main characters' dynamics and their chemistry is really what drives this film.

Unfortunately it does not go much deeper than telling us that these two people are sad, lonely and lost. All the other characters are props. What is the point of the character played by Anna Farris? Is…

• Evan Preedy

★★★

I know I’m not going to be making any friends with this review. I apologize in advance to anyone that could potentially be offended. Let the record state that I gain no pleasure from finding lacking a film that multiple friends consider to be an all-time favorite, except perhaps for the slight satisfaction that comes with taking a sacred cow down a peg (I am, after all, only human). If this review comes across as condescending and/or smug, please understand…

• Ethian

★★★★½

okay this was not what i expected
    i can think of very few, if any, films that are so minimal and nuanced in the themes portrayed in this film and results in a truly beautiful film. The one thing that impresses me most is the sheer realism and the ability Copolla shows to create real people in Bob and Charlotte. The way she does this and what I love the most is how little they really say, bar one scene,…

• Annie Siby

★★★★½

Can you believe Scarlett Johannesburg was just 17 when this film was shot?
    17?
    What.
    Beautifully directed film. I enjoy the weird, misplaced humour in it, like the much-too short showerhead or the scene where Bob steps into an elevator.
    I guess I'll never know what she whispered into his ear.
    Does that matter much, anyway?

• stephanie

★★★★

sofia coppola ur doing amazing sweetie

• vicoliv

★★½

too slow

• Jack Liden

★★★★½

The soundtrack!!! Incredibly subtle and gorgeous film, an early 2000s masterpiece that ages superbly.