• George Batchelor

★★★★★

i wish gena rowlands and john cassavetes were my abusive parents

• Matt

John Cassavetes went full David Lynch for that ending and I’m here for it. Seriously, though. The surrealism this film presents is so alien to the usual realist atmosphere of Cassavetes’ other films, which is definitely not a bad thing.

You know what, I’m gonna stop trying to review this film like a film critic would because I’m not good at that. This film REALLY fucked me up and it put me in a weird state of mind for the…

• chan1319

★★★

First cassavetes

• xtapodinio

★★★

Ηθοποιαρες και σκηνοθεσαρα αλλά από ενα σημείο και μετά πίστευα ότι δεν θα τελειώσει ποτέ και ήταν σαν μαρτύριο.

• χωρίς λογοκρισία™

★★★★

"Hayat, biz dizi intiharlar, boşanmalar , tutulmayan sözler , içine edilmiş çocuklar ve bir sürü şeyden ibaret. "
    -Sarkastik Beklentiler-
    youtu.be/uBoWN6Ia9P8

• willdiehappy

★★★★

it's such an applied apoptosis-oriented theory.

well-applied.

• Raffinand

★★★★★

Im so glad i ended on this one instead of Big Trouble.

His kinetic handheld style is converted beautifully and carefully to a more spacious, crowded, and haunting use of the mise en scène. i also feel its Cassavetes most emotionally genuine. Its probably one of his most chaotic, story wise, out of his career and while his films hit or miss, im just gonna echo Ebert and say that “this works.”

• ana

★★★★★

"Love is a stream. It's continuous, it doesn't stop."
    love streams where paths are made, but sometimes it floods everything—we never know when or how it will but it does. even if love isn't continuous for one person, love always flows and exists in other areas of our lives.
    i'm thinking of one cassavetes quote where he compares essential love to a rubber band, "Like a rubber band that you stretch out, no matter how far you pull it — and even if it stings snapping back — it returns, the love reappears."

• gaye

★★★★

“hayat, bir dizi intiharlar, boşanmalar, tutulmayan sözler, içine edilmiş çocuklar ve bir sürü şeyden ibaret.”

son sahneyle john cassavetes şapkasını çıkararak bizlere, sinemaya ve 5 yıl sonra da hayata veda ediyor.

• hunter

★★★★★

don’t think there’s anything more heart wrenching than John Cassavetes telling his wife “I don’t want you going off to some guy who doesn’t love you” in the final minutes of his very last film

also cassavetes delivery of that “Who the fuck are you?” in that final scene is so good

• Robert

★★★★

Another Cassavetes classic, felt familiar but with a few interesting twists. The ending is crazy, but I loved it. And I think I'll appreciate these films even more when I get a bit older.

• tay🌴

★★★★½

"I want you to stay here, and I want you to stay here forever."

Great; like Woman Under the Influence I feel like this will hit a lot harder on a rewatch now that I know what I'm in for. Cassavetes always makes such mature and hard hitting dramas, every moment between him and Gena on screen is a gift.