• marianna

★★★★

sure the economy got fucked but kevin spacey's dog died and that really made me :(

• EliaN

★★★½

A sleeper film that's got a bombastic cast. I don't remember much, but I do remember being completely enthralled with it, especially seeing things escalate bigger and bigger. The ending is a bit of a non-ending though and kind of disappointing. Cast is very very good and takes what could have been boring material and makes it entertaining, reminds me a lot of Glengarry Glenn Ross in that regard, although this film isn't as good as that one is.

• jonnybbelfast

★★★★

Margin call was recommended by a young fella called Daniel.

This a fantastic, tense and insightful drama based on the market collapse but really about how the going gets tough, the tough start selling. Toxic money. Toxic characters. Toxic morals.

JC gets the best out of his brilliant cast. (I've become a fan of Stanely Tucci and his eggs. www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/feb/24/stanley-tucci-interview-egg-poached-in-tomato-sauce-recipe)

• giulia

★★★½

me watching wall street films: i only understand about a third of what's being said but i'm excited

• baba19

★★★★

the great recession from the "villain's" POV.

Slick and pristine like the office building where the film takes place. the dread and doom about a topic that isn't clearly spelled nor does it need to be was impactful.

greed is good

• Markella

★★★½

A bunch of corporate men in clean suits calmly freaking the fuck out at 2am as their firm crashes is still hella fun and interesting.

As with the first veiwing, I can only vaguely get what they're talking about but I'm beginning to think that's in the design of the film; that the magnitude of the situation is so complicated that some of the characters and viewers likewise, fail to comprehend.

Margin Call is a gorgeous watch for 2011 and although I see nothing outstanding in it, it is flawless for what it is.

• Jim Camp

★★★★

Excellent drama about a corporate plot to create a financial crash and make a killing out of it. Office politics, a pacy script and masterful performances from the entire cast will keep you on the edge of your seat. The level of detail is slightly over the top, but this is a minor criticism.

• Joel Baker

★★★★½

Just like The Big Short but infinitely better in every single way.

This is what you call compelling viewing.

• Remyzero

★★★

2nd

Holds up decently. Amazed at the amount of staring at screens and documents that occurs. Chandor hopes that having the actors look into the distance and saying "fuck me" will be enough. It's the least dazzling Macguffin ever.

Neither as smug as The Big Short, nor as much fun, but at least it refrains from moralizing.

• Jaume Vaquer

★★★★

Si eres un actor un poco serio, me imagino que, aparte de cobrar un dinero y tal, querrás que lo que hagas tenga alguna calidad. Para asegurarte de entrada eso, lo mejor es un buen guión.
    Que es lo que tiene este film: un muy buen guión. Igual por eso tiene este reparto tan potente.
    Porque, aparte de que trate con rigor un tema económico, algo árido en teoría y que muchos no acabamos de entender pero que ha acabado…

• Matt Howell-Clarke

★★★½

A pretty good dramatic telling of the early days of the financial crisis. Not as technically informative as The Big Short, but compelling nonetheless.

• Mumbles

★★★★

A random late night watch. So satisfying. I miss stumbling upon films by channel flicking. Caught it 5 minutes in. Tight and claustrophobic, had me hooked till the closing credits.