• sreza709

• Nesruler22

8.0/10

• Sebastian

★★★★

Abel Ferrara is pissed off and he wants you to know about it. Ferrara's 1981 rape-revenge thriller is a grotesquely enjoyable bit of fairy-tale NY sleaze but what separates Ferrara from the majority of his contemporaries (and successors) is that he had something on his mind, something worth shouting about. you can think what you want about the material, good or bad, but you cannot knock the guy's commitment to such righteous anger, with shoestring budgets and some pretty unconvincing blood.

• LuccaRotunno

★★★½

A “rape and revenge” movie made by an early Able Ferrara. It’s hard not to compare this movie to The Driller Killer, they have pretty much the same style, just completely different stories. Even though I like this crazy, low budget, violent, sleazy and sometimes abnoxious style of movie from both of them, making them feel like unique cult classics, I think The Driller Killer goes way crazier in style, violence and craziness.

• Ikram ChDr

★★★

Needed my dose of girls going haywire

• Garsont

★★★★

The tragedy of this film is watching as the woman who’s been exposed to the extreme cruelty of the world become a different type of sick and twisted.

Don’t get me wrong, most of the people pretty much deserved it, but revenge is a double edged blade, and it’s sad to watch Thana hurting not only others but herself.

• \Loom/

★★★★

As artful and cathartic as exploitation movies get. Zoë Lund's tremendously emotive performance casts a mesmerizing spell. It's easy to feel her unbridled hatred. The finale is a furous bloodbath that packs a hell of a wallop. Gritty, sleazy, gory, and disturbing, Ms .45 is among the finest works of grindhouse cinema.

• Elijah Johnston

★★★

a strange, convoluted anti-revenge movie from Ferrara. I say anti revenge because it sort of flips the glee of a revenge exploitation movie and forces us to meditate on how empty this revenge is- sure she's attacking and taking out her anger and frustration, but is her brokenness fixed? not at all, and in fact she just gets worse as the film goes on.

the concept itself is pretty interesting, but Ferrara doesn't do much to give this any cohesion…

• Joseph

Great Manhattan reference!

• Cody Workman

★★★½

Should be a fine night of discussion w the club via zoom over this complicated picture from the very talented Abel Ferrara! Seems like I might like this more than most...should make for some fantastic debate!

• Chris Borg

Guy dressed up as Mr. Met with the massive heat-check

Note: This would have been the title of a Hillary Clinton biopic if she won the 2016 election

• Ben N

★★½

"When I see beauty I've got to have it..."

Certainly interesting, but conflicting more than anything else.

I'd say I'm a pretty big Ferrara fan, but this is the first work of his that's left me unconvinced. If taken as an exploitation film, these sins become a little less annoying, but doesn't save the film.

There's a fair amount to grab onto here. There's some weird asides about race, ableism of well intentioned libs, a captivating aesthetic progression of performative…