• Anoyster

★★★

The sequel to National Treasure is largely more of the same. It's by-the-book Bruckheimer movie with the weak quips that are meant to represent humour and generic bombastic score to keep the blood pumping. Thankfully it's also an overall improvement over the first movie. The production is bigger and more refined with wonderful locations and more ambitious sets. The story is more fantastical and Nic Cage taps into his inner troll to entertain himself for enjoyable results. The movie succeeds…

• rebecca

★★★

the first one was better tbh but here is the age old question: where is the third movie? what is on page 47? excuse me nicolas cage!

• Mfras23

Far too similar to the first one, and it was even more cliche, and this treasure was far too big for this to be even possible in a kids imagination. Believe me, I was a kid when I saw this and it was not even possible. I think it is a trashy extension of a not-even-great-to-begin-with franchise, and it was just used to make money. I did not like it, and if there are any fans of this franchise you shouldn't either.

• Troy Riggall

★★★

No idea why this one was called The Book of Secrets if the book only makes a short appearance and we don't really hear about much else to do with it. I get it, I just want more. Page 47?

Also needs more Sean Bean.

• randomrobot007

★★★★

just like the first movie it is a fun action movie

• Wat theWut

WE GOTTA KIDNAP THE PRESIDENT

• Timmy Murphy

★½

Starting to regret this whole "Nic Cage movies only" thing.

• Derick Armijo

I watched this in the midst of watching the best parts of the best Nic Cage movies all day long and thought he could do no wrong. I was planning to check THEM ALL OUT, and this kind of dashes my hopes.

• DavidJM

★★★

So I remember not liking this movie much when it first came out, but now, watching again with my daughter - pretty good! Silly, funny, ridiculous. Cage is good, Voight and Mirren are a bizarre double-act and love interest and sidekick are decent characters. But I am disappointed to discover that not everything depicted is real. There is no city of gold under mount rushmore - and there are 4 resolute desks!!!

• Ryuutei

Helen Mirren 💛
    But fuck Disney for suggesting that we didn't land on the moon.

• Bryan Strang

★★½

The makers of the National Treasure franchise are so confident in Justin Bartha's delivery they don't even bother writing any jokes for him. Which puts into question all of their other decisions. Really, given this, it's a wonder these movies contain anything not annoying.

• The Abominable Sí Van

★★★★

More of a 7.5/10. Definitely an improvement on the first.