Don't get me wrong, as a primary school teacher who has regularly been responsible for the school nativity, I quite like this film. However, I do have my reservations about Mr Maddens' competency as a teacher.
10 reasons why Mr Maddens is a terrible teacher:
1) Regularly putting children down and telling them that they are useless.
2) Relies too heavily on negative behaviour strategies, such as sending children to detention.
3) Divulging his personal life to the children, such as his girlfriend leaving him.
4) Allowing Mr Poppy, someone who is clearly irresponsible and potentially a danger to the children, to work with them unsupervised (and I bet he hasn't even had a CRB check).
5) Regularly leaving children…