• Dylan Yeaton

Just not good. Rather than write a review I’ll list the good and bad.

THE GOOD
    -Maud Adams and Kristina Wayborn are gorgeous Bond girls and the idea of who Octopussy is is kind of interesting
    -Louis Jourdan is a great villain

THE BAD
    -There’s a vine swinging scene complete with a Tarzan yell.
    -When facing down a tiger, Bond just yells “Sit!!” at it like it’s a fucking dog
    -The crocodile sub is ridiculously stupid
    -There’s over the top…

• Marcus Andrews

In which we rate the deaths of the main Bond villain in each movie:

Bond defuses a bomb dressed as a clown. Did someone drug me?

Khan dies in a plane crash.

3/10 J̶o̶h̶n̶ D̶e̶n̶v̶e̶r̶s̶ Strombergs

• scottap25

★★★

The closest Bond has ever gotten to an Austin Powers movie. Roger Moore cracks jokes about erectile dysfunction and dresses like a circus monkey because he's taking the movie as seriously as we all should. It would be better if there were actually a plot and not just a series of entertaining comedy bits and pretty creative action.

• Tuosma

★★½

(Old impressions, not based on a recent viewing)

On the dumber end of Bond's.

• CitrusMagpie

First seen in 1983

• ClintTarantino

★★★

Octopussy. Interesting name, average bond in every sense. Story started interesting but came boring quickly. Bond girl and Moore were ok but the action scenes with the girls goes to far. A bit ridiculous even for a bond movie. The soundtrack from John Barry is the only thing who lights out a bit.

Title song/soundtrack:

Bond rating: 76,42

Normal Rating: 71/100

• kiwikier97

★★★½

Another great Bond movie.

• Lucas Wide

this film is called fucking octopussy

• John Uptergrove

★★½

There was some good things in the movie, but overall it was one of my least favorite Bond movies. They probably should have moved on from Roger Moore at this point, he just seems too old and it just seems stale after 6 Bond movies with Moore.

• Apfelesser

★★½

From a modern standpoint this movie has lots of problems with sexism and many other stereotypes, but it is just so much fun to watch. Here and there scenes are a little unnecessary or infantile, but its stuffed to brim with fancy gadgeds, funny puns and a lot of situational comedy. At some points it even reminded me of Indiana Jones - The Last Crusasde, though not beeing able to keep up in regards of pacing and production value. But all in all a very fun ride.

• Steven Flores

An entertaining film in the James Bond franchise that has Roger Moore in his sixth outing as Agent 007 who tries to uncover a conspiracy between an Indian royal and a mad Soviet general who want to start World War III and profit from it as it has some ridiculous moments but also some fun stuff. "What are you doing? Put me down! Stop that! There's no time for that! Later perhaps!" Q, how can anyone not love that man?

• Tim

★★★

Okay, there's a lot about this film that wouldn't go down as well today. An Afghan prince operating out of India, named Kamal Khan, should not be played by a Frenchman who with his looks could play Bond just as well. The interesting female leader of an international gang of jewel smugglers is named Octopussy and apparently mainly motivated by her dead father. At least we get to see her and her girls in action at the end of the…