• Caan_Man

★★½

There’s a lot of good Bond stuff in this movie, but for some reason I just care for most of it. The circus stuff is corny and forced. This might be the most boring villain in the franchise. And it drags for almost the entire time. Possibly my least favorite of the entire series, even if others are dumber (looking at you, Moonraker and The World is Not Enough).

• Tim Mitchell

★★½

Pedestrian. Despite the action and stunt work, the aged Moore and the goofy script weigh the film down despite its farcical attempts at being ‘edgy’.

007 foils a rare treasures smuggling operation, which is really a cover to detonate a nuclear bomb so Europe will disarm allowing Russia to take over.

Not to object at lots of cute girls in sexy outfits, but one has to wonder if it’s an amenity - or a distraction - from a tired, wrinkly Moore.

• Brad_M

★★★★

Planes, trains, and automobiles; 007 style! With some oh-so-gloriously-80’s digital Seikos to boot!

• Zappenduster

★★★½

It's pretty silly, a bit confusing, too long and it hasn't aged that well - things you can say about most Roger Moore Bond films. I did quite enjoy it however, despite - or maybe even because - of its flaws.

• Rolf

★★★½

James Bond (Roger Moore) travels to India to get to the bottom of a Golden Egg theft...
    Bond: "What's this?" Bondgirl: "That's my little Octopussy." Yes, that title is quite something! But then we had Pussy Galore before so no real surprises here. Still I was surprised about how enjoyable Moore's second last Bond film actually was as I didn't remember much about it.
    This may be just another Best Of Bond with more than one nod to GOLDFINGER but…

• Matthew Noble

★★★½

Bond-A-Thon 2018 (formerly 2017)
    Film #13: Octopussy (1983)

Directed by John Glen
    Starring Roger Moore as Ian Fleming's James Bond 007

*This review contains spoilers for the movie Octopussy, as well as the short story collection of the same name. You have been warned.*

"You're right: we are two of a kind."

I suppose I should offer some kind of apology before we begin. I fully intended to finish my Bond-a-thon reviews last year, but I guess I started to…

• John Ananias

★★★½

This one's underrated. Was Roger Moore too old for this by this point? Yep. Is the point a flimsy mess? Oh yeah (every time I watch it, I go in telling myself that the connection between the jewelry smuggler Kamal Khan and the mad Russiann general Orlov will make sense, but it never quite clicks. But (1) Moore's considerably better here than in his first couple outings, and (2) we don't come to Bond movies for the plots, do we?…

• Aldair Figueroa

Calidad: 5.2
    Gusto: 6.6

• Bill Robinson

★★★½

A dude in a Dr. No suit saying, "Octopussy, Octopussy."

Also, these things happened:
    Bond fights the same giant guy in a turban in and on top of a Plane, a Train and a three wheeled automobile. No really.

Also, Bond has time for clown makeup.
    This time the circus and Q in a Union Jack Hot Air Balloon are the cavalry. Also, a literal cavalry reference in the form of using horses as the getaway vehicle.

It was better than Moonraker. It made me laugh at times. I was entertained.

• Benjamin Tilleskjør

★★★½

Another pretty fun Roger Moore Bond movie. With an actually pretty decent plot that while being pretty complicated doesn’t go to far out. There are a couple of really great scenes, like one in a jungle where Bond is being chased. And a pretty great finale. But Roger Moore is obviously to old at this point to play Bond and it’s just a little bit weird.

• Warren Gilbert

Bond Films Ranked

Despite looking really tired and old in the last film Roger Moore returned a sixth time for the thirteenth film in the long running series. This time he visits locations in Germany, India, England, and the US as he, well, tries to, uh, stop some Russians, evil circus workers, and plenty more in an overstuffed plot that goes all over the place.

Humour is a lot more significant again this time around and this is arguably the…

• Tobobias

★★★

Again, Roger Moore could be convinced for another James Bond movie. Whether it was the title? One doesn't know. Anyway, in addition to his salary he got a percentage stake in the box office results. Roger Moore plays, as in the other films before, entertaining and easygoing.
    There is little to say about the film. He starts off with a sexy title sequence and works as an entertaining action comedy. Despite the somewhat confused and sometimes very bizarre plot (locations are India and East Germany), OCTOPUSSY has that certain Bond feeling.

Let's go to the last Moore-Bond!