• Wat theWut

Now with more time wasted

• jbake

★★★

Shit is scary. Took a while to get there though the last half hour was miserably intense. Chilling. Discomforting.
    Purposely put that evil on the sister? Basement is a disaster and a hoarding situation? Drinking Budweiser products exclusively? Y'all are bad people.

• Jeff Wright

★★★½

On the first wave of "Are we over found footage as a genre" this film is better than its later detractors give it credit for. This film holds one of the scariest scenes, at least for me, in all the horror movies I've watched (involved involuntary usage of stairs) as well as one of the strongest jumpscares (can't trust those kitchen cabinets).

• queenleayah

★★★½

Just like the first Paranormal Activity film, where the husband doesn't believe in the crap going on and contains a jumpscare of someone's face turning creepy. Got to give credit for the eerie sound effects and the part where she's on the stairs practically flying.

• Jim Monteforte

Day 1 of my 31 Days of Horror list.

I did not like the first movie. I do not like this movie. I get the feeling that I am not going to like the next four of these movies... BUT I will still watch them. Why will I continue to watch this series? The most important reason of all, just because.

Also I thought it was a really odd choice to have that audio track layered throughout the movie of…

• Adam Redman

Well, I finally arrived at the last piece of the Paractivity jigsaw puzzle, only to find that I'd already seen it years ago, before I wrote everything down on this website. How disappointing.

My interesting fact: this movie cost 200 times what the first film cost. Was it worth it? Well, Paramount were picking up the bill this time, so I'm sure $3 million didn't stretch their bank accounts too much. But the answer is still no. It doesn't look…

• Spiro

★★★

Say what you will about this franchise, but this film has some masterly done sound design. Slow paced, but not without some good scares, Paranormal Activity 2 will satisfy fans of the found footage genre.

• Scumbalina

★★★½

I'm really worried about the dog.

• Warren

★★★

Parallel universe in the same universe. Look at all of the things you didn't know. The pieces fit, just wipe away the burnt edges. Babies are worse than demons. There would not be a demon without this baby. Crying, barking, yelling, thumping, slamming, this is the house from hell. Take the baby, I don't want it.

This first sequel takes an interesting approach to developing the story, enriching the events of the first movie and the world in which it…

• walkercarlton

I just simply did not like this film. I was forced to watch this for a class, or else I would've continued to avoid it. But I could not run for long.

• Disgustipated

Hooptober 4.0 - 2017 - Film #7

FUCK!!!

I have just had the scariest, most horrible night of my pathetic little life.

I woke up at 2 in the morning and my wife was standing next to the bed staring right down at me. She was just standing, munching on pretzels, her lifeless eyes piercing right through me. Salt crystals were falling away from her hands and mouth like the fragments of a broken blade.

It was terrifying. I struggled…

• Celestine

★★★

Slightly more interesting than the first one.