• J Malarkey

★★★★½

beautifully animated feature of a war-torn girl and her family. told through the vision of a director full of heart and passion

• joey p

★★★★★

i scream every day and every night because of this fuckening gorgeous art style

• Shvets

★★★★½

I really wanted to write something thought provoking and be a smartass, but Persepolis leaves me speechless every time

• Raunak

★★★½

Interesting start dampened by a bleh second half. One time watch.

• marion

★★★★½

we watched this movie in class and me and my friends legit cried??? so did our teacher?????

• TrevWagg93

★★★★

An animated biographical film about a woman growing up during revolution in Iran. The simplistic animation keeps the focus on the story, and not the looks. Unfortunately the film doesn't quite succeed in influencing the audience to be against the continuous war; it's more like the war is there, always has been, and always will.

• Peaceful Anarchy

★★★★★

A beautiful meaningful film about growing up in trying circumstances. The way Marjane sees and relates to her family and culture is quite interesting, since she's clearly part of it and yet doesn't quite fit in.

• Wendy_Tostada

★★★★

I love this movie for so many reasons but I'm only going to say 4 words: EYE OF THE TIGER.

• dye

PUNK IS NOT DED

• Mohammad

★★½

Mental exudates of Filmmaker...!

• Ani

★★★½

It might be the fact that I watched this in class with a bunch of loud assholes, but I only found the movie okay, where as I loved the books.

• Kristofer

★★★★

Utmärkt överföring av en redan utmärkt serieroman. Fint flow i animationen och några rätt skarpa bildlösningar. 4:an i grundbetyg blir stark 4:a pga det tekniska planet.