Fairfax Cinema screened the new restoration that Criterion just did. Had to see it on the big screen. Looked fantastic. Laughed my ass off like I do every time I watch a Waters film.
Criterion Blu-ray is fantastic. Here are the features:
- New, restored 4K digital transfer, supervised by director John Waters, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Audio commentary featuring Waters from the 1993 Criterion laserdisc release of the film
- New conversation between Waters and critic Michael Musto
- New program featuring interviews with Waters collaborators Tab Hunter, Dennis Dermody, Pat Moran, Vincent Peranio, Mink Stole, Mary Garlington, and Greer Yeaton
- Interviews from 1993 with crew members Moran, Peranio, and Van Smith