• Rob Dean

★★★★

Fun 80s throwback drenched in the pop culture of its time and energized by a youthful exuberance.

• kidcoppola

★★★

Honestly forgot most of the film the second I stopped watching it, but I didn't hate it while I was watching it, so I must've sort of liked it.

• Parker

Real Stable Genius

• Shawn

★★★

Val Kilmer, at one time, was amazing. A typical 80s comedy, where they have to get serious in the final act, but still a really fun movie.

Entered Flickchart at 615

• Siskoid

★★★½

Real Genius has an engaging premise, but gets to it too late in my opinion. Science whiz kids finding out their work will be used for military applications and making sure it doesn't happen is a fun and heroic hook you see, but the movie spends almost all its time acting like a college party comedy, where the only real twist is that the smartest kid is the cool goofball (Val Kilmer who, despite getting the poster, isn't actually the…

• ColtonStock

★★★★½

Saw this a while back and it's so much fun! I really need to rewatch it

• Kerry Fristoe

★★★★

Val Kilmer is at his most appealing in this film about student scientists at a prestigious Cal Tech-like university who discover the professor they've been working for (official 80s asshole, William Atherton) may have nefarious plans for their laser project.

Kilmer is funny, attractive, and charismatic as hell in this. I had a mad crush on him in 1985 when this came out. Fun movie.

• janderson8460

★★★½

unsure of initial watch date/medium

• lydia

★★★½

John Hughes eat your heart out.

• robotosan

★★½

OK. Val Kilmer is OK. Everything is OK. What were we thinking in the 80s though?

• bulletproofQpid

★★★

"Why is that toy on your head?"
    "Because if I wear it any place else, it chafes."

I used to watch Real Genius a few times a year back in the '80s, but I probably haven't seen it since then until tonight. It's a bit dated, but still fun, if not as fun as I found it back then. Still very quotable though.

• Todd

★★★½

Really great 80s movie! The vibe is a sligthly more charming Revenge of the Nerds with less rapey stuff (although gender representation is average at best). This is peak Val Kilmer. Lots of laughs, fun visuals, and a satisfying story.