• Andrew Furtado

★★★½

Scientifically, this movie still holds up.

As someone who hasn't seen it before I didn't feel like it was dated.

• elaine

★★★★

young val kilmer father my children challenge

• Scott

★★★

Fun but not ambitious, though it should be noted that this film somehow gets no recognition for one of the best autistic characters I've seen in a movie.

• Caitlin

★★★½

This was fun, and it was also fun to see a couple familiar faces from Coolidge's earlier work Valley Girl.
    Val Kilmer in this has such a killer style and he is sooo cool. I definitely would have been into this as a teen, and for sure wish I had seen this rather than Weird Science

• Dan Gorman

★★★★★

Late-night viewing at home; still maybe my all-time favourite 80s comedy? And easily the best "nerd" comedy of all time I'd say. Also, probably the best thing that Pat Proft ever touched.

• ElyGalvin

mediocre 80s comedy, painfully unfunny. Don't waist your time.

• Joshua Arnett

★★★

Accurately depicts the military as complete fucking psychos who deserve to be thwarted and goofed on by nerds.

• John Riley

Maybe because I didn't grow up watching this movie but it I didn't find this movie enjoyable at all. Val Kilmer was more annoying than funny and the ending was ridiculous! Stay away if you've never seen it before. The love for this movie must be nostalgic.

• tombrowne

Always makes me laugh.

• AJBratonR

★★★★

Watching this retro 80s college flick with roomful of avid Val Kilmer fans (several In I <3 Toxic Waste shirts) was a fun way to spend an afternoon! The Alamo Drafthouse did a movie party with unlimited popcorn to correlate with Dr Hathaway’s most hated foodstuff. Always fun, and inspired watching another Martha Coolidge film, Valley Girl.

• Andrew Karr

★★★★

Such a blast. Fittingly inventive. I want to go an orchestra pit pool party.

What a shame the early Charming Knave phase of Val Kilmer's career only lasted two movies.

• Greg Dorr

★★★½

Fun. Maybe it's my '80s nostalgia -- I was 13 when this was released -- but my daughter is about the same age now and she loved it, too. Colorfully written, full of snappy dialog, and oozing smart-ass irreverence. Val Kilmer, Michelle Meyerink and William Atherton at their best. If only Deborah Foreman had a more (at all) substantial role.