• Gregory Escobar

★★★★

No entiendo como una película tan iconicamente ochentosa como ésta se me pasó por el radar todos estos años.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

I don't understand how this iconical 80's movie flew under my radar all these years.

• Neil Cronin

Has some funny moments. Bizarrely edited.

• Jerell

★★★★

Just want to repeat that Michelle Meyrink is my spirit animal.

• Lexi Adams

★★★★

I love 80s montages and this movie has 4!

• Michael Worth

★★★

Not th best the 80s had to offer, but of the zany comedies with heart, it held up pretty good.

• sbaldwin16

★★★

I can sort of see why eighties kids might like this movie even though it's not the best written. The best scenes are probably the scenes in the dorm, when the "geniuses" get together to use their powers...not for evil but more for hijinks.

• rowdyryancombs

★★★½

I miss this era of Val Kilmer...

• Brian Langenwalter

★★★★

A light-hearted college comedy with tons of charisma and heart. I really enjoyed Val Kilmer's performance.

• Justin Harrison

★★★★½

Showed to some friends on a rough day in what would turn into a truly rotten month. Real Genius is one of my very favorite comedies, for its brains, for its heart and for its remarkably scathing critique of the military industrial complex. Val Kilmer's Chris Knight is one of the 1980s most under-appreciated movie heroes. I want more folks to see this, because I think a lot of them will truly dig it.

• Rachel Stuplich

★★★★

I love my boy val so FUCKING much

• The Great Owl

★★★★★

I have never had a personal tragedy or unfortunate circumstance that was not at least partially alleviated by watching Real Genius.

When high school student Mitch Taylor (Gabriel Jarret) is admitted to Pacific Technical University, he is initially overwhelmed by the hard-partying atmosphere of science nerds who routinely orchestrate pranks and raise Hell in order to blow off steam. Chris Knight, played by Val Kilmer, is one of the most endearing creations of 1980s teen comedy cinema, and I'm hard-pressed…

• Matt_Brown

★★½

Squeaks by for awhile on Val Kilmer's charm, but eventually gets bogged down in an asinine plot and montage purgatory.