• TDotRome

★★½

Elon Musk is super-Elon-Musky! Who doesn't love a Tesla? Interesting to see their hardships. The main players are kind of interesting, too, I guess. There isn't a lot of insider-y stuff, or any reason to get emotionally involved. It's ok. It certainly doesn't live up to Who Killed The Electric Car?

• Keith Abt

★★★

This intriguing follow up documentary to 2006's "Who Killed the Electric Car?" - traces the auto industry's continuing struggles to develop a workable zero-emissions vehicle. The crash of the American economy in 2008 almost kills GM's Volt model while Nissan struggles to bring their fancy new Leaf to market. Meanwhile, zillionaire wonder boy Elon Musk has burned through so much cash keeping his Tesla Motors company afloat - with little to show for it -that many doubt they'll even be…

• Intern TPP

This movie needs to be updated with current information was mildly entertaining. The movie is about the title so you should know what you are getting into. +1 on the 100 Lunatics Scale.

• deepbluefunk

★★★

An entertaining watch - following the renewed interest in electric vehicles and four different paths to making it a reality. The film isn't nearly as devastating or impactful as it's predecessor Who Killed the Elcetric Car?, and it avoids asking difficult questions of it's own - but following the makers of the Volt, Leaf and Elon Musk's Tesla (as well as the pursuits of independent re-engineers) is entertaining and insightful.
    Of course Musk is a very intriguing personality and so…

• Jude Seymour

★★★

Chris Paine's first film, "Who Killed the Electric Car?" was a bit of a revelation. There was this electric vehicle made by GM - the EV-1 - and its owners loved it. And one day, the cars were rounded up and destroyed. Why?

The second film explores current events that we're a lot more attuned to because of "Who Killed...?" Interest in electric cars has increased since 2006, and by the time of this documentary there are three major players:…

• feudin

★★★

Not as good as his first one on the subject. Probably because the first film told about something we never knew happened, whilst this film is about everyone trying to now make the ev and it's a bit dated.

• James Linate

6/10

• Fane Webber

★★★

Documentário bem interessante sobre o desenvolvimento de carros elétricos por grandes montadoras.

O que poderia ser a salvação da industria, em meio a crise de 2009 virou um fardo para algumas empresas encurraladas e impedidas de dar um passo além.

Serve como registro dessas época de crise, mas não muito mais que isso.

• Rob McGregor

★★★

In which... the doco provides a decent follow up to the issues regarding the future of the electric car but lacks the same sense of shock and mystery that helped the original documentary through asking "who killed the electric car" do so well.

• Christian Flemm

★★★

Not really much to say here. Really funny that the real innovators are living in a trailer when the big businessman that are marketed as innovators well... they aren't actually innovating... I suppose Elon Musk is an example. He seems intelligent (at least morseo than most execs), but is much more of a businessman than his original partner.

Just wish they hadn't overly-glorified Tesla. Believe me, I'm all for "going electric", but I want to atleast see results.

Still waiting for Hyperloop though!

• Øivind N

★★★

Interesting to see how Elon Musk and Tesla struggles in the beginning.

• Edith Nelson

What Drives Progress

One of the most important details about the electric car to me is mentioned precisely once. By, as I recall, Danny DeVito. (A proud electric car owner himself, and apparently one of the people whose EV1s were taken away when GM decided there was no money in electric cars.) He's talking up the advantages of it, and he admits that the cleanliness of the things is directly proportionate to the source of electricity they're drawing on. An…