• Arnold Furious

★★★

I was kinda getting into this, despite the long 2 hour run time, for a film that has around 90-100 minutes of ideas tops. Then the ending happened and deflated me somewhat. Probably knocked 1/2* off the rating too. There are some feelgood scenes. The best being Jackie Chan's "I don't know kung-fu" cook beating people up with cooking techniques. There's never been anyone as good as Jackie Chan at convincing me that he can't fight while fighting expertly. This…

• Chris Brown

★★★★½

Not only is this a great martial arts film, but it is a great martial arts film with a fantastic Jackie Chan fight rammed in there.

• sallious

★★★★½

Mom got this at the library, probably because Jackie Chan was on the front cover. Although Jackie Chan was not the main character, and I love Jackie Chan, I was really satisfied with his minor role. It was nice to see Jackie Chan as a supporting character, honestly. There was so much bloodshed, killing, and drama in this movie, but there was a strong sense of resolution that almost justified all the bad things that had happened.

I was also pleasantly surprised that the setting took place during the warlord era in China which I haven't seen much of before.

• Bethany

★★★★

I was not super enthused about this but it ended up being so enjoyable. Love for Jackie Chan forever, but just in general I found this to be really touching and fun. The fighting is awesome, obviously, and the story is a good time.

• ristubasan

★★★★

The formula is at this point well trodden. Spectacular to watch anyway. A bit more melodrama than usual, and the Jackie Chan humor foil doesn't quite balance it out; and there is none of the political sophistication of, say, the Ip Man films here. But still good fun.

• Dr Eldon Tyrell

★★½

This goes in all sorts of directions that were unexpected. Is it my hollywoodisation that I expect a touch of coherence? The tone is also all over the place. Redemption, hubris, child murder, then...slapstick comedy!! And unexpected Jackie Chan!!

• 61eRmovie

overall (100): 83

61eR ®

• Muchacho Jones

★★★★

I wasn't really into it until shit started going down around the half hour mark, but from that point on it was a genuinely moving story of reflection, transformation and repentance.

• dpaynter26

★★★★★

This movie turned out to be quite an awesome film. I would love to find more films just like this!

• alancwise

That was epic.

• Chase Eiland

★★★★

Epic drama with great fight scenes and an interesting take on guns vs Kung Fu. Fun cameo and comedic fighting by Jackie Chan.

• Erika Neves

★★★★★

Esse é mais um excelente drama épico estrelado por Andy Lau, com ótimas cenas de luta e uma história bem feita e envolvente.

Apesar de ter muitas cenas de ação e de lutas o filme é muito dramático,chegando a ser bem triste em diversos momentos.Mas a mensagem basicamente é de esperança de que qualquer pessoa, por pior que seja, sempre pode mudar para melhor,basta querer.Isso é mostrado na transformação do personagem de Andy Lau , em um arrogante general para…