• Chris Brown

★★★★½

Not only is this a great martial arts film, but it is a great martial arts film with a fantastic Jackie Chan fight rammed in there.

• sallious

★★★★½

Mom got this at the library, probably because Jackie Chan was on the front cover. Although Jackie Chan was not the main character, and I love Jackie Chan, I was really satisfied with his minor role. It was nice to see Jackie Chan as a supporting character, honestly. There was so much bloodshed, killing, and drama in this movie, but there was a strong sense of resolution that almost justified all the bad things that had happened.

I was also pleasantly surprised that the setting took place during the warlord era in China which I haven't seen much of before.

• Bethany

★★★★

I was not super enthused about this but it ended up being so enjoyable. Love for Jackie Chan forever, but just in general I found this to be really touching and fun. The fighting is awesome, obviously, and the story is a good time.

• ristubasan

★★★★

The formula is at this point well trodden. Spectacular to watch anyway. A bit more melodrama than usual, and the Jackie Chan humor foil doesn't quite balance it out; and there is none of the political sophistication of, say, the Ip Man films here. But still good fun.

• Dr Eldon Tyrell

★★½

This goes in all sorts of directions that were unexpected. Is it my hollywoodisation that I expect a touch of coherence? The tone is also all over the place. Redemption, hubris, child murder, then...slapstick comedy!! And unexpected Jackie Chan!!

• 61eRmovie

overall (100): 83

61eR ®

• Muchacho Jones

★★★★

I wasn't really into it until shit started going down around the half hour mark, but from that point on it was a genuinely moving story of reflection, transformation and repentance.

• dpaynter26

★★★★★

This movie turned out to be quite an awesome film. I would love to find more films just like this!

• alancwise

That was epic.

• Chase Eiland

★★★★

Epic drama with great fight scenes and an interesting take on guns vs Kung Fu. Fun cameo and comedic fighting by Jackie Chan.

• Erika Neves

★★★★★

Esse é mais um excelente drama épico estrelado por Andy Lau, com ótimas cenas de luta e uma história bem feita e envolvente.

Apesar de ter muitas cenas de ação e de lutas o filme é muito dramático,chegando a ser bem triste em diversos momentos.Mas a mensagem basicamente é de esperança de que qualquer pessoa, por pior que seja, sempre pode mudar para melhor,basta querer.Isso é mostrado na transformação do personagem de Andy Lau , em um arrogante general para…

• Memo Padilla

★★★

Super production China with action scenes, many action scenes mean. With nice comic moments, good production design, good acting, good direction in the action sequences, but ultimately full of cliches of the genre that make it all comes down.

---

Super producción China con escenas de acción, muchas escenas de acción quiero decir. Con agradables momentos cómicos, buen diseño de producción, buenas actuaciones, buena dirección en las secuencias de acción, pero al final llena de cliches del genero que hacen que todo se venga abajo.