• Louis Mcleese

★★★★★

Hypnotic,Dreamlike whatever you want to call it this film is fantastic. I'll be spending a lot of my time browsing Tarkovskys filmography now because this was a total fucking knockout.

The visuals are beautiful which is surprising because it's set in a derilict
    area reminiscent of several nuclear disasters in real life. The high warmth effect they do on occasion is beautiful ( at the start of the film and at some parts later ). The dialogue while some may…

• zanderheiselman

★★★★½

• Brandon Market

★★★★★

Some of the best Cinematography I have ever seen in a film. The performances were great. And the fact that the film is just so deep makes it all the more better, the ending was amazing and the journey through the zone and the allegories all combined together to make one of the best films I have ever seen.

• Noah Taxis

★★★★

This is a slow movie; that can't be avoided. But it's also a stunningly beautiful one, aestheticed down to the last frame. You probably won't want to see this on your own, simply because the conversations afterward are as or more entertaining than the film itself. Go for the spectacle and be sure to leave talking.

• Harry Kolk

User @andrei_tarkovsky has been terrorizing me since 2004, by sending me films ending with cups that are way too close to the edge of the table

• Josiah Tate Burns

★★★★★

New restoration looks beautiful. Sepia sections have a whole new golden ethereal feel instead of the dank browns of the DVD restoration. More like a macchiato than cream clouding up in your coffee.

Like discovering a whole new film. I can't think of imagery in any medium that evokes more nostalgia.

With this restoration, it's obvious that this is Tarkovsky visual masterpiece, eclipsing even Mirror and Andrei Rublev.

Stalker is as deep, complex, and as major philosophies and religions.

Watchin'…

• Naemaak

½

Russians are an utter bore

• brjab

★★★★

This movie makes me feel psychotic. Like any movement of my body could trigger some fatal event. I watched this when I was a teenager and I realize now almost 20 yrs later what a huge effect it had on me.

• BaronVanTheo

★★★★½

This movie is gonna shut everyone, who watches it, up for good, fully hitting pristine notes of the simple just like complex notes of human psyche, as it skull-fucks you with its almost inexplicable eerie and profound cinematography that quietly sucks you, at times, way too deep into these beautiful but haunting images of the search for one's desires fulfillment within utter dirt and hopelessness

- "Stalker" is the most RUSSIAN film I've ever seen.

• maurcs

★★★★

I did like it. I admit I wasn't in the best state of mind. Caught myself dozing when the big to the Room. Also, my opinion of the film was colored by HYPERNORMALISATION. I kept imagining the voice of Adam Curtis coming in to simply explain what I was seeing, and how it somehow knows what the world is like now. Look forward to rewatching it someday.

• Heretic

Seriously? Visually this looks profound and philosophical, but the characters talk! Needless to say, they sound like students in a Philosophy 101 class. Why not lift your dialogue from great thinkers the way Jim Jarmusch didin Dead Man, where he put Blake in the mouth of one of his characters. If its public domain, you don't even need attribution.

I can feel Tarkovsky's power and influence, but only in excerpts, in visual sequences. He's a perfect director for YouTube. One…

• Alex A.

★★★★★

Stalker is the crowning jewel of Andrei Tarkovsky's masterful filmography, and a shining example of pure cinematic expression that pushes the boundaries of the art of cinema. After reeling from the film and contemplating for a mighty long time, this SF/philosophical drama solidified itself as one of my ultimate favorites, if not my favorite of all time. It mesmerized me on a colossal magnitude. It's truly monumental, and I'll try to elaborate on my current ecstatic thoughts and feelings about…