• Christian Gale

★★★★★

"A man writes because he is tormented, because he doubts. He needs to constantly prove to himself and the others that he's worth something. And if I know for sure that I'm a genius? Why write then? What the hell for?"

Tarkovsky's filmography, specifically this film, have long intimidated me more than any other films out there. Somehow the idea of 1960s and 70s Russian films that often reach nearly three hours in running time and are often described as…

• Dabe

★★★★★

Transcendental films are hard to come by. It’s not often that a film can mesmerise to the point of abstraction. The room around you no longer exists, the screen and your view, nothing could distract your attention in those moments. Andrei Tarkovsky’s Stalker (1979), a seminal exploration of the human soul and the impossibility of perfect understanding, is one such film. Stalker is a lucid, ephemeral and eloquent trudge through a decayed wasteland; balanced on an epiphanous precipice. One side…

• Mac Fitton

I need to see this again to say anything about it. There's no way anyone could soak this entire film in after one viewing

• juanpazos

★★★★★

A meticulous masterpiece. Three men pursue happiness and the meaning of life in a mysterious “Zone”. They face the challenge of defining what they want from life and what life is about.

• L. Borgia Rossetti

★★★★½

Some good autism, wonderful scenario and great soundtrack.

• dingsdaninja

Visual poetry.

• SirFolmarv

★★★★★

A poetic film to appeal to humanity and faith. There are no definitive answers. Maybe there is only personal revelation to what you yourself bring in your own expectations.

As this was my first Tarkovsky film, I felt that I sorely needed to revisit Stalker. Not because I don't think I felt I didn't appreciate it, but because I thought I didn't understand it. And that was the inherent problem with watching it in the first place. I wanted to…

• MichaelDelBay

me watching anything Tarkovsky has done www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjDa-_Vq51I

• Carlos Urribarrí

★★★★

La puntuación creo que es un 3.8.

—Objetivamente: probablemente sea una de las mejores películas de ciencia ficción de la historia, es sin duda una joya, y no refuto a quienes digan que es una obra maestra. Seguramente lo sea.

—Opinión personal: no logré empatizar con su lenguaje. Es la segunda película que veo de este ostentoso intelectual y la verdad aún no logramos entablar sincronía. La ciencia ficción esencialmente me encanta, y me pareció una simbiosis interesante con este…

• Jakeellz

★★★½

Looks great, feels slow.

• Richard Clesham

★★★★½

I'd forgotten how desperately sad the stalker is.

• arlin

★★★★

expert world building with cinematography to match, seems superinfluential from Lynch to Adventure Time.