• Kristopher Pistole

★★★★

What if Wizard of Oz were really really long.. and you know Russian. also nothing like the Wizard of Oz.

• Jacob

★★★

Thematically rich and visually stunning, Stalker is the best film that's ever bored me. I saw it in a theater, forcing me to experience it all at once, but I still felt fairly unaffected by it. There's a haunting quality to it, certainly, but the pacing was far too slow to hold my interest. I think I'd rather read some good analysis of this than ever sit down and watch it again.

My grasp on the material here is just…

• Brendan Michaels

10/10
    "When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder."

• Irimiás and Petrina

★★★★½

Seeing this on the big screen really enhanced by appreciation of it. Immensely.

• EthanCarota

★★★★★

I mean what else could it be?

• trashcams

I'm drunk

• Frank Pellegrino

★★★½

35% sure Christopher Nolan was in the theatre too.

• Chris 🔮

★★★★★

Seeing the new restoration on a big screen was like seeing it for the first time all over again, and the fact that I was seeing it with someone who I met like an hour beforehand made it into an even more transcendent experience

• Walker King

★★★★½

After seeing some other Tarkovsky, I don't think Stalker hits quite as hard as MIRROR or ANDREI RUBLEV, but that's not to dismiss it as a lesser work.

• Carter Moon

★★★★

Fascinating, massive, and crushingly hopeless, this is one of the most hypnotic and bizarre films I've ever seen. I can't five stars yet because I can't possibly claim to understand it, I'll need to revisit this several times over my lifetime.

• J.W. Hendricks

★★★

New 4K restoration at the Nuart. To say it was beautiful is an understatement.

Someone smart please help me with this one. I will be reading analyses until I realize its brilliance. For now, I feel only shame.

(I even read "Roadside Picnic" in anticipation for this. Really good book.)

• Greg Mako

★★★★

Feel free to move at a glacial pace you know how that thrills me