• ece

star wars serisinin en iyi filmi. serinin tamamını izlemiş olsam da hiçbiri bu filmin tadını vermiyor.

• austintompeters

eh

• falconsnowman

Based on the ridiculous hype and my sense of self at the time as a cinephile above mass-market pedestrian crud, I chose not to see this upon release and actually refrained from watching it at all until just prior to the release of "Attack of the Clones" in 2002. At that point, I still did not watch Lucas' cut of the film, but only a fan-edited version ("The Phantom Edit"). To this day, I have still never seen Lucas' actual…

• rodo7rp

Not great, but no that bad either, I guess? I don’t know, it certainly feels different to the original trilogy, it has some bad acting and extremely cheesy jokes, and I mean I guess everyone has complained about Jar Jar, which I can finally see why, but also, I love Ewan McGregor, so yeah.

• Fredrik

mostly pain.

• Justin Cummings

★★★

my attitude to star wars changes with the seasons, but one thing remains constant: my desire to see stuff we've never seen before. nobody was better at this than lucas and it may be his chief contribution to the success of the brand. few star wars properties branch out in bold new aesthetic directions as this one. apart from its self-evident issues with storytelling, it's still cool to watch! lucas's direction is actually kind of functional here (and even sometimes dramatically engaging)! i like this (clunky, boring) movie!!

• laurenhjones

I had to watch this in two parts. Longed for death everytime Jar Jar Binks was on screen. I’m 20 years late but fuuuuuuuckkkk this was garbage.

• London

★★★½

You can see the spark in Georgie's eye in every frame

• DEADMON wokstar

this movie is bad
    suuuuper bad
    better than 7 8 and 9 tho
    recently (last few years)
    i’ve been getting stoned and watching the prequels
    they feel like a PS2 game cutscene
    especially this one
    but with more trade agreements and politics
    it’s over long, jar jar is trash, the cgi is trash
    but it’s great
    special shoutout to Obi Wan’s drip
    (hair goes crazy)
    rip qui gon jinn

• KippieMan

★½

The child actor for Annie is garbage, the references to the originals are grown-worthy and the CG creatures are some of the ugliest ever, but it's a good-enough story about young Annie, mostly separate from the space politics in the rest of the prequels. Let's forget Jar Jar exists.
    Put Redline music over the Pod Racing scene and it becomes genuinely epic.

• norm58_3

★★★

For my first review, coming back to one of the first non-animated films I ever saw as a child. So much of it is undeniably cool - without thinking about it - and if you can ignore Jar Jar's lines it still holds up as an enjoyable experience. Lucas expands his universe, simultaneously producing many well-deserved merchandising opportunities and also captivatingly developing its political systems, showing how inefficient bureaucracy in crises can pave the way for Space-Fascism. I liked Ben-Hur as well.

• Patrick Scheg

★★★★

A much better movie than I remember it being. It seriously gets too much hate. Seeing it for the first time since I finished The Clone Wars and saw The Rise of Skywalker, Episode I sets up the galaxy amazingly. It gives a sense of joy and childlike entertainment on the surface when so much more is happening. The celebratory finale is so ironic in knowing that Palpatine ultimately won more than any of them through the events of this…