• bitticlan

★★★½

Great acting, genuine emotion, above average action sequences, and a sympathetic villain elevate this movie past the typical and tired genre cliches.

• Ebinezer "Triggerfish" Montgomery

.There's nothing particularly "amazing" about Spiderman this time around. I was hoping for a reboot with an intriguing new back story, some twists and unexpected revelations relating to Parker's father. But, I guess even one of those things was too much to ask for.

Instead, I got what I expected all along. A laborious retread of the first film, not expanded upon, but condensed and simplified for the benefit of peasants and infants. I didn't like the overarching message spoon…

• RonnieGardocki

Spider-Man feels guilt over creating the Lizard because he gave him...an equation. There's legitimate guilt and then there's making shit up. For fuck's sake.

• Jerry Downing

★★★★

I really enjoy this take on Spider-Man. Yes, it's another origin story, but there is just enough difference from Sam Raimi's films to make it interesting.

Also watched the nearly 2 hour documentary: "Rite of Passage: The Amazing Spider-Man Reborn".

• jmueller75

★★★★

Fun adaptation of the "amazing" version of the Spidey origin story.

• SEV

"Amazing"

• Raphael Lages

★★★

I remenber loving it the first time i saw, now... 5 years later... I'm just disapointed... Every Emma Stone scene is perfect here, she is the best part of the movie. Andrew... i can't say that about him... He is an exellent Spiderman but when he is not with Emma or without the suit, it's bad, folks... Sally Field's aunt May is pretty good thoe...

• Peaceful Anarchy

★★★½

Fun story, good action and likeable leads. Some aspects feel a little convoluted and it could do with more depth, but works well.

• Tom Sharma

★★½

A pretty lackluster film with a pretty bad cgi villain and Andrew Garfield doesn't fit the persona of Peter parker I mean he only makes one joke in this ONE!

• Ruthless Rabbit

★★★★

Fantastic film making, too bad the third one was rebranded as "La La Land" and they brought Gwen back, giving her death less meaning. Recasting spiderman and trying to rework his origin story was a mistake.

This is great though, just a shame which direction they took it in.
    Inspiring!

• Ross W. Brown

★★★½

Much better than I remembered.

• shikha

★★★½

gwen stacey, high school student aka super smart worker in a major biochemistry lab > peter parker aka spiderman