• bffysummers

★★★★★

i have no words

• Patrick Bratin

★★★★

Am I childish for thinking that the irony of The Amazing Spider-Man being directed by Marc Webb is hilarious?

I cannot comprehend just how hard this film is trying to be hipster. Slow-motion skating montages soundtracked to Coldplay? Excuse me while I sip a gin and tonic on a rooftop beer garden and Instagram it.

That being said, while it lacks the scope of the Raimi Spider-Man films, its intimacy plays into its hands, and although so many liberties have…

• Alejandra Orihuela

★½

I mean... i liked it.

• SafeDriver

★★½

I would shoot so much webbing on Emma Stone WAKKA WAKKA. The use of Anthony Perkins as Peter Parker was masterful.

• Mason Matthews

★★★½

Andrew Garfield makes it believable enough for this to count as a decent movie, although know one expected it to be which is why it stunned most people.

• EliaN

★★½

What can I say, I enjoyed it but I didn't love it. I personally didn't need another origin story again, but if you're going to do it, do it different, and they did that here. Obviously everybody talked about the chemistry between Garfield and Stone, it was great, and was easily the best part of the movie. Emma Stone decidedly outshone Kirsten Dunst in every possible way. Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker however brought in his own unique take, he's…

• EliaN

★★½

Taking a couple of my little cousins (they're not that little at 11 and 18) to watch the sequel this weekend so I figure I should re-watch the first, since I haven't seen since theaters. Like the other Spider-man movies, there's stuff that I like and there's stuff that irks me, but I think on second watch and after talking to my cousin a bit about his perspective, I can see why it's being rebooted. Basically the original Spider-man films…

• RolandStLaurent

★★★½

All in all, not a bad film. Spidey is ridiculously unlikable when he's taking down a minor car thief, but him rescuing the kid on the bridge made up for it. I'm not big on the action scenes here but all in all, as much as it pains me to admit it, this was a good...fine, better than average superhero film. A huge mark in this film's favor is, like everyone has said, the Peter Parker stuff was fantastic. It's…

• Mark Mooney

★★★★

Andrew Garfield is Spider-Man in this underated comic book treat, while not scaling the heights of Sam Raimi's spidey trilogy its still got some value including Garfield's top performance and James Horners quality score.

• Cecil Hopps

The main apeal of spider-man is that he's a cool hipster. My favourite part of any comic is that he skates around has a hot girlfriend plays sport really well and beats up bullies.

Oh wait nope FUCK THIS MOVIE! It's like a self insert fan fictiom where the writers gave themselves spider powers.

Plus the CGI sucks and the villain is awful. Also HE'S NOT BATMAN!

I'm so glad studios now think that making thing light will fix everything. It won't but at least it'll be fun.

• Joe

★★★½

Auch wenn es mir schwerfällt, muss ich zugeben, dass The Amazing Spiderman ein guter Film ist. Andrew Garfield und Emma Stone sind ein tolles Team und eine glaubwürdigere Wahl für zwei Siebzehnjährige als seinerzeit Toby Maguire und Kirsten Dunst.

Aber auch wenn Andrew Garfield der bessere Spiderman ist, so bleibt Spiderman 2 doch mein Lieblingsspidey.

• maf zam

★★★

The scene of the cranes put me sentimental.