• Sam Blackburn

★★★★

Time to review crazy Nicolas Cage.
    I'm not really going to go to much into the discussion of this movie being considered a remake or sequel to the 1992 version but I do agree with this versions director, Werner Herzog, that this movie has nothing to do with the 1992 version.

Cage is at his best here bringing both a legit good performance but at the same time giving us some moments of the craziness we've come to know and…

• Jonas

★½

Ich habe das Gefühl, dieser Film weiß nicht so recht, was er sein möchte...einzige Vorgabe war offensichtlich, dass Nick Cage einmal alle Regler auf Level OVER 9000 dreht und so jede einzelne Szene spielen muss...

• mikkokiviniemi

★★½

Tonally all over the place... just like a perfect Nic Cage performance

• Maximilian

★★★

Nic Cage: "Shoot him again!"
    -"What for?"
    Nic Cage: "His soul is still dancing"
    In a strange way this is brilliant. Nic Cage fully embraces his Cageness and it's awesome.

• TheMarkle

★★★★½

The quick progression of deus ex machina endings to the various storylines was brilliant and hilarious, as were all of the drugged-out sequences. Cage and Herzog were made to work together.

• oluc

★★★★★

The poster suggests this is some lame, straight-to-dvd hackjob but it's really a pitch perfect snapshot of the collapsing social order of post-Katrina New Orleans.  Nic Cage doing Harvey Keitel is the perfect anti-hero for the murky backdrop, suggesting that good cop/bad cop is virtually indistinguishable in such an amorphous quagmire of a city.

Favorite narrative Herzog film in ages.

• Joshua Robbins

★★★

Watch for the scene where the guy's soul break dances.

• Allison M.

★★★½

Great performance by Nicolas Cage - it could very well be the top performance of his career. It could have been a really bad idea for Herzog to remake this movie, but in fact he knew what he was doing and it was probably better than the original version. Nice movie shot on location in NOLA. I'd see it again for kicks probably. Eva Mendes was just okay (I usually like her a lot).

• Omar!

★★★½

I missed THAT Nicolas Cage!

• William Kretschmer

★★★½

A drug- and gambling-addled detective in post-Katrina New Orleans investigates the killing of five Senegalese immigrants.
    Abel Ferrara's masterpiece is stripped down to a hypnotic, at times surreal crime thriller within a world of lost moral barriers; the movie is mainly successful due to Nicolas Cage's intense performance.

• tahamahatta

★★★★

bu film youtube'da en çok sahnelerini aratıp aratıp izlediğim film olabilir

• suplexcitybitch

★★★

"Children...Were Executed!!!" Nicholas Cage is absolutely insane in this. Perhaps more than usual.