• Flicks4Fin

★★★★★

Savini Slashic.

• Peaceful Anarchy

★★★

It's ok. Better than Friday the 13th as a slasher, the characters have a bit more personality and the killer is creepier, but it's still nothing special.

• Carlos J. Marín

★★★½

Uno de mis slashers favoritos y, ahora con ojos más analíticos, entiendo el porqué: potenciar al máximo las obligaciones del subgénero, tener poderío visual por encima de la media, pervertir la estructura de bodycount a lo loco (la escena de la canoa pordió!) o salir de la partida con un clímax que se preocupa por sus personajes. Y mira que el montaje de las últimas escenas roza el desastre.

Es mejor que muchas Viernes 13 y el mundo, un día, la pondrá en su lugar.

• Kyle Hayes

★★★★½

This is how a slasher is done right! Great makeup effects from the wizard himself Tom Savini. Fun to see some actors in this before they made it big with names like Holly Hunter, Fisher Stevens, Jason Alexander just to name a few. Definitely seek this one out if you haven't seen it t before

• Bess

★★★★

This would have to be one of my favourite summer camp slashers...
    The raft scene will stick with me for a while thats for sure, the character Dave was pretty hilarious and made only better by a young Jason Alexander with a full head of hair.

Sorry the skin grafts didn't take Cropsy....

• Snack Plissken

★★★★★

Fuck yes I love this movie. Believable camp vibe. Young Jason Alexander. Savini SFX. Bonus points for underage smoking

View

• Gory B Movie (HORROR ADDICTS)

★★★★

Can't believe it took me so long to see this film. This is flippin' awesome! Amazing gore by Tom Savini, fun campfire legend story and fast paced. If you also missed this one, watch it now!

• Lorenzo Ghelli

Part of my Cult Movie Challenge
    ( letterboxd.com/lonza/list/2017-a-cult-odyssey/ )

Week 6: Video Nasties Week
    Today's entry is: Friday the 13th - dork edition.
    It's an undisputed classic. I liked it, mostly thanks to Tom Savini, whose work is incredibly good. Blood is blood, it actually looks real! The killer is also pretty solid, with a distinctive weapon and decisive appearances.
    It's gory, like really gory, and a fun watch. Nothing too serious, but still worthy.
    Anyway, who the fuck came up with the dialogues? My God, I never ever heard something that cringy!!

• xl9

Cult Movie Challenge Week 6: Feb. 5-Feb. 11
    Video Nasties Week

A perfectly servicable, if not somewhat generic Slasher that gets elevated to glorious heights thanks to moody lighting, a blood-pumping synth score, and Tom Savini's masterful makeup. The raft massacre might be one of the greatest slasher scenes I've ever had the pleasure of witnessing.

• Anton Bitel

"The Burning emerged at a time when the subgenre was undergoing a boom, and the market was saturated – and the truth is that despite, unusually, featuring a final boy (or two), The Burning does little to distinguish itself from the spate of other slashers with which it was vying for screen space."
    More at VODzilla.co

• Anna

★★½

Definitely not the Summer of George.

• Brooke Kamishlian

An asshole summer camp caretaker gets burned and horribly disfigured because he keeps a giant can of gasoline next to his stupid bed and reacts by flailing around completely inappropriately when some snot-nosed little campers play a prank on his drunk ass one night. Naturally, those kids become camp councilors and 5 years later old 3rd degree burn face makes his way back to camp to get revenge even though it was kinda his own fault for storing a highly…