• angela

★★★½

if jessica chastain incapacitated me with her legs wrapped around my head i would apologize for getting in her way

• avtan

there's a scene where the dude just starts randomly brushing jessica chastain's wet hair I mean relatable
    needed more jessica chastain.. I want more jessica chastain

• audrey 🌙

★★★★

david and rachel!!!!! deserved!!!!! to be!!!!! together!!!!!

• Lynnette Morrison

★★★½

The usual great performance by Helen Mirren. An unusual story but full of angst & guilt. Unnecessarily, in my opinion.  I am a fan of all the actors involved, ergo, why I watched it.

My mission in my movie life is to find inconsistencies this movie is full of them.

A story to tell worth seeing.

• Mason Merritt

★★★

60/100

Like every movie she stars in, this movie needed more Jessica Chastain.

• Sara

It took me three viewings to finish it, partly bc it's kinda boring and partly bc I always started watching it late at night, so the director could have done me a solid and released a shorter version of just Jessica's parts tbh.

• missundazstood

★½

meh

• Wesley Foster

★★½

The Debt follows the story of three Mossad agents during the Cold War who are assigned an undercover mission to bring a Nazi war criminal to justice. The film is broken up in to two parts. The first being the present day characters whose bravery has been published in books and the like the second part is of their exploits told through flashbacks.

This film falls apart in the second act because of two things: character motivation (or rather the…

• ArizonaJim

★★★

The story is intriguing - in the 1960s three Mossad agents kidnap a Nazi war criminal in East Germany; when he tries to escape there is a shoot out and the Nazi is killed; the agents return to Israel, acclaimed as national heroes, their mission becoming part of an Israeli national myth; but they have been economical with the truth - but the film is strangely flat. I haven't seen the original Israeli film so don't know if that was…

• Martin Johansson

Halvdan thriller om jakt på nazistförbrytare. Räddas av duon Jessica Chastain och Helen Mirren.

• Jordi Vilanova

★★★★

7.6/10

• Nathan Loding

★★½

I can't say a lot bad about it. I also can't say a lot good about it. Maybe the accents were bad, these aren't accents/languages I'm familiar with. I think the real failing of the film is that it failed to tell two parallel stories - instead, it was one story, then a follow up. Both halves, if you will, played out well enough, but together the film seems divided in two. If the story had focused entirely in 1997 or the past, or had weaved back and forth between the two, it may have been more captivating.